PDA

View Full Version : About the Genre playlist

joe33067
09-28-2016, 04:43 PM
I've noticed that some (not all, but enough) of the titles appear twice in the list. I checked the disk physically, and the titles only appear once. So I tried to do a right-click-Delete from Mezzmo Library, and that removed it... but, when i ran a maintain on the Playlist... the titles were added back.

Any ideas?

Peter
09-28-2016, 04:55 PM
Hi,
please try running Maintain library with the option to remove files from the library that cannot be found on disk and this should remove the duplicates.

joe33067
09-28-2016, 05:23 PM
Well I see what caused the problem (I looked int the mirror).

The other day in my attempt to address my disappearing drive letter which was affecting Mezzmo, I decided to "move" my files from driveletter:foldername \\servername\foldername (not an actual move, just logically replacing the drive letter with UNC location). So this didn't work out as I had hoped, so I "moved" it all back. Well..... I guess some traces remain in the library database.

I added the folder column to the view for the playlist, and guess what I saw... but locations listed (the drive letter and the UNC location).

I'm running maintain library right now... we'll see if that'll clean it up... More to come.

joe33067
09-28-2016, 08:38 PM
Maintain library completed but didn't remove the erroneous entries. What should I try next?

The problem is, the media files can be found, because driveletter:\foldername points to the same place as \\servername\foldrname

I need to edit the library itself to remove \\servername\foldername, but I am not seeing where I can remove it.

* EDIT *

I have an idea - I'm going to go and manually ADD those UNC locations to my library, and once they're added (completely rescanned), then I'm going to DELete them.

Hopefully that'll remove them from the database!

Peter
09-29-2016, 09:29 AM
You could also try creating a smart playlist with a rule where path starts with the UNC location then select all the files and delete them.