PDA

View Full Version : Active Playlist - randomly works

fletch
10-02-2016, 04:44 PM
So I added keywords to a few items. Then I created an active playlist - keyword / group by first word. Each of the keywords is displayed beneath the playlist but only 2 of 5 have their respective content displayed. Returned to those files, verified the keywords are still present. Maintain library didn't make any difference.

Not sure I want to invest much time in this kind of metadata work if it's gonna randomly work. It's a nice idea though.

Peter
10-03-2016, 02:47 PM
Hi,
we have reproduced the problem here and are investigating to find the cause.

Peter
10-03-2016, 04:56 PM
Try going to the properties of the playlist then click OK and it will force it to check the playlist and add any missing rules or sub-playlists.

fletch
10-04-2016, 11:20 AM
Glad you were able to reproduce. Tried properties on the playlist, didn't' help. You can see it fire the task to do the work but nothing changes. Now that I've tried this, I'm not sure its what I want though.

I was thinking that all the videos with a certain keyword would be in a subfolder of the playlist. But it seems that in that subfolder, each video has it's own folder and you have to go into it to play it. Too much drilling.

Peter
10-04-2016, 12:00 PM
Try using just keyword without the group by first word and this should organize all files with the same keyword in the same playlist.

fletch
10-04-2016, 01:00 PM
Thanks!!! That's what I was looking for. I remember now why I chose that option. I hated the A-Z arrangement. Then I discovered first word but didn't think to remove the group by.

I won't do much more with keywords until we can sort out this random failure. I've installed the latest on another machine that used to be my Mezzmo server so I can do some isolated testing there.

fletch
10-04-2016, 01:21 PM
Workaround. Delete the active playlist and re-create it. Now all videos with keywords (that didn't display before) display properly. Glitch I guess. Though system task is now stuck saying processing active playlist whereas it used to just quickly fly through that. Closed Mezzmo, restarted it. Now the status is clear. So that was just probably an anomaly also.

....and thank you for displaying keyword in the properties pane - that helps allot as I start this process :-)

Peter
10-04-2016, 01:53 PM
Glad to hear you have found a workaround, we will continue to investigate to try and fix the original issue.