PDA

View Full Version : edit keyword list

fletch
10-02-2016, 04:48 PM
Is it possible to do so? So if I make a typo, I can correct it.

Peter
10-03-2016, 02:50 PM
Hi,
Mezzmo selects the keywords from the existing keywords in the database for the list so if you make a mistake you need to edit the keyword on the file properties where you added the keyword and this will be updated in the database. So if I add the keyword 'corect' to a file and go to the list I see 'corect', I can then go back to the file and change it to 'correct' and it is updated in the list of keywords.

fletch
10-04-2016, 12:49 PM
Try the example you gave and let me know what you see in the pick list afterwards. I see corect and correct.

Peter
10-04-2016, 01:51 PM
When I first tried the example I didn't click OK on the properties, this time I clicked OK on the properties and both corect and correct remain in the keywords. Right-clicking on the file and selecting Maintain file fixes this, at the end of Maintenance any keywords that are not used are removed.

fletch
10-05-2016, 01:50 PM
Cool. Never tried that at the file level. Wonder why Maintain Library didn't do the same thing - the dialog is very similar.

Oh, need to make the keyword dialog re-sizable :-)

Peter
10-05-2016, 01:54 PM
Maintain Library should do the same, at the end of any Maintenance the clean up step is performed.

fletch
10-05-2016, 02:30 PM
Ok, that makes sense. I think it was probably the other thing (active playlist) that Maintain Library had no effect on. But I fixed that by just re-creating the list. So, cool, I don't have to be so careful about keywords :-)