PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 App

caitken
10-05-2016, 09:33 PM
Are there any plans?

Peter
10-06-2016, 08:53 AM
Hi,
there are no plans currently for a Windows 10 app. An iOS app has the highest priority then a Windows 10 app would probably follow this.

Dion
10-06-2016, 05:39 PM
Hi,
there are no plans currently for a Windows 10 app. An iOS app has the highest priority then a Windows 10 app would probably follow this.

If you do make one for windows.. Don't make it an App on the Windows 10 store.. Just make it a normal program too :)

caitken
10-08-2016, 04:16 PM
That's a pity.

caitken
10-08-2016, 04:23 PM
Umm... correct me if I'm wrong - but I believe that Mezzmo is already fully supported on Windows 10 desktop - just not great UI for touch... hence the request for app rather than traditional desktop exe.

OlaviSpiliakos
10-09-2016, 01:19 PM
what if they plan to make some.... ;) ?

caitken
10-09-2016, 01:44 PM
That would make at least one current customer very happy :)

Thorbengilles
10-09-2016, 04:12 PM
include me plz :)

Paul
10-09-2016, 10:26 PM
Thanks for letting us know. We'll certainly consider a native Windows 10 app after we complete a few other features/platforms that have been often requested.

Dion
10-12-2016, 08:07 PM
Umm... correct me if I'm wrong - but I believe that Mezzmo is already fully supported on Windows 10 desktop - just not great UI for touch... hence the request for app rather than traditional desktop exe.

Touch support is based on the OS not an app. There is no reason the Windows one can't support touch and a mouse.

caitken
10-14-2016, 09:23 PM
Dear god! - yes the OS provides touch interfaces and services to apps... however choice of interface is the programmer's. So - yes you can attempt to use any application running on Windows 10 using a touch screen... however... Microsoft invented the App interface specifically for touch devices.

TheAndyMac
10-20-2016, 06:36 PM
Yes - as an example Cakewalk's SONAR has great multi-touch support but is a "traditional" Windows app. The Windows platform since Windows 7 has supported touch, although it is significantly better in Windows 10 both in terms of usability and in terms of the development tools support for it. A Universal Windows Platform (Windows 10) app would allow you to sensibly target Windows 10 machines (including the many tablet, AIO and hybrid devices) and would also provide the opportunity for the same app to be available on Xbox One (as well as HoloLens).

As a suggestion, when developing a touch-based version/UI for the app, how about using something like Xamarin included with Visual Studio to develop touch-friendly apps that can share a significant amount of the code across the various platforms. Saves in development and maintenance costs, and gives you a way to make something available for the widest possible audience.

Personally, I would be ok with having to pay (a reasonable amount) for such an app (for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile).

Peter
10-21-2016, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, we are currently investigating a solution similar to Xamarin which is Cordova. We are testing with a basic app that can be built for Windows, iOS, Tizen, WebOS and Android. We hope to be able to use this to create apps for Windows, iOS, Tizen and WebOS but we are still in the early stages.

OlaviSpiliakos
10-24-2016, 10:58 PM
That would make at least one current customer very happy :)

lol.. there are so many