PDA

View Full Version : Another DirecTV Genie not finding Mezzmo

jwclack52
10-09-2016, 11:34 PM
Add me to the list of people who can't get a newly installed Genie DVR to connect to (even see) my Mezzmo server. After a little tweaking I was able to get Mezzmo to find the new receiver and configured it as a Genie, but no go. The Genie can find and play media from my PC's Media Player when configured to stream via Media Share. My HR24 and HR22 have no problem playing media from Mezzmo.

Has there been any progress in making this work for the newer DirecTV DVRs?

TIA,
Jim

Peter
10-10-2016, 10:20 AM
Hi Jim,
the last information I saw about the latest DirecTV Genie DVR was that there was a software update that was causing problems with the media player discovering servers, this has possibly been fixed by DirecTV now.

jwclack52
10-10-2016, 10:25 PM
Hi Jim,
the last information I saw about the latest DirecTV Genie DVR was that there was a software update that was causing problems with the media player discovering servers, this has possibly been fixed by DirecTV now.
Yeah, but...this is a brand new receiver - installed last week. I'll check the software version.

jwclack52
10-10-2016, 11:43 PM
Yeah, but...this is a brand new receiver - installed last week. I'll check the software version.

Yep - most recent firmware is installed: 0x0BF4

Again, DTV Genie sees my PC's media share, Mezzmo sees the Genie, the device settings are correct, but the Genie doesn't see Mezzmo.

JWC

Peter
10-11-2016, 09:40 AM
Can you please enable diagnostic logging http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=using_logging&s[]=diagnostic then after restarting your Mezzmo media server try going to where Mezzmo should be listed on the DirecTV then send us the logs so we can investigate (support [at] conceiva [dot] com).

jwclack52
10-11-2016, 10:45 AM
Can you please enable diagnostic logging http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=using_logging&s[]=diagnostic then after restarting your Mezzmo media server try going to where Mezzmo should be listed on the DirecTV then send us the logs so we can investigate (support [at] conceiva [dot] com).
You mean like those prior who you asked to do the same thing? What happened in those cases?
JWC

Peter
10-11-2016, 04:56 PM
The prior logs we received for this thread showed the firewall or something else was blocking the communication, the Genie came in to the server with a request and Mezzmo responded then it did not come back after that.

Peter
10-18-2016, 08:47 AM
We now have a profile working with the DirecTV Genie, this will be released with Mezzmo 5.1. Please email support [at] conceiva [dot] com if you would like to try it.