PDA

View Full Version : Best Hardware DLNA Player / Streamer

Tokyo
10-16-2016, 07:28 PM
Any recommendations on an hardware based DLNA player, preferably supporting 4K HDR?

Peter
10-17-2016, 09:52 AM
Hi,
I would recommend an Android based player, this allows it to be much more configurable and provides you with the choice of app (we recommend Mezzmo). The Nvidia Shield is probably the top of the line at the moment and supports 4K, the new Fire TV devices from Amazon also support 4K.

Thorbengilles
10-18-2016, 11:45 AM
Hi,
I would recommend an Android based player, this allows it to be much more configurable and provides you with the choice of app (we recommend Mezzmo). The Nvidia Shield is probably the top of the line at the moment and supports 4K, the new Fire TV devices from Amazon also support 4K.

thats nice. 4K :)

toasted
10-18-2016, 08:34 PM
I tested the mezzmo app with a HiMedia Q5 Pro and a HiMedia H8 Android mediaplayer. The app worked perfect with a mouse, but itīs not practicable to use it with a remote control :-(

Peter
10-19-2016, 09:11 AM
Can you please provide more details about the problems using the remote control with the app? We have many users of the Mezzmo app using a remote control.

toasted
10-20-2016, 06:37 AM
I'll create a short video. I couldn't select the buttons or folders after stopping a video.. I had to use a mouse..

Peter
10-20-2016, 09:04 AM
If you find the focus has been lost from the buttons try pressing up, down, left or right to see if this causes an element on screen to regain the focus.

Dion
10-31-2016, 11:02 PM
Is there an Nvidia shield profile available?

Peter
11-02-2016, 10:04 AM
Hi Dion,
the Nvidia shield runs Android so it can run a lot of different apps (we recommend Mezzmo Android), we create profiles for the apps instead of for the device. Which app you are using will determine which profile should be used.

Dion
11-26-2016, 07:49 PM
Hi Dion,
the Nvidia shield runs Android so it can run a lot of different apps (we recommend Mezzmo Android), we create profiles for the apps instead of for the device. Which app you are using will determine which profile should be used.

Got it.. Using kodi so I will use that one.