PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo 5.0.1 is messing with FLAC tags for new music

BeFi
10-18-2016, 07:42 AM
I figured out only today that ever since I use Mezzmo 5 any new FLAC record added with Mezzmo 5 gets its title and song information messed up..

It seems that the titles of the newly added records are always a mixup of two title-tags from the same record. This applies 100% consistenly to all records added since about the time I upgraded to Mezzmo 5.

Other players as e.g. WMP 12 or my Synology music server interpret the FLAC-tags of the same songs correctly. Also MP3tag shows that all tags are actually fine.

I attach
(1) a sample window from Mezzmo
(2) a sample window of WMP12 and
(3) a sample window of MP3tag
all showing the same record.

I have MP3tag pointing to the detailed tag information of one song (Ascension) that you can see displayed as 'Ascension;Strength of Mind' in Mezzmo. 'Strength of Mind' is title #4, 'Ascension' is title #12. If you follow the logic of Mezzmo mixing two title-tags from the same record for each song you can see this pattern repeating itself for the record selected here.

I could present you with each of the 12 or 13 records I have added since using Mezzmo 5 and all show the same pattern.

To see whether this is only affecting newly added music I have library maintenance with the flag for 'Update Metadata . . .'

Firstly no improvement for the newer record additions. Among my older library most record's information seems to stay intact but a few had their record title duplicated and single songs also show their title duplicated.

To repeat: I verified records with issues against my other FLAC players and they have no issue with the same tags whatsoever.

Best Regards
Bernhard

Peter
10-18-2016, 10:03 AM
Hi Bernhard,
we tried reproducing the problem here with a flac file that has similar metadata encoded using Mp3tag but the metadata shows correctly in Mezzmo. Can you please send us one of the files so we can test it? Send an email to support [at] conceiva [dot] com containing a download URL and we will test to see if we can reproduce the problem.

BeFi
10-18-2016, 10:49 PM
Email with Link has been sent

Peter
10-19-2016, 04:50 PM
Thanks Bernhard,
the files appear to have multiple tags for the same fields and this is why they are showing double information for each field. The solution would be to remove the tags and then add them again unless you can just remove one set of the duplicate tags.