PDA

View Full Version : Show Missing Files

oiler2112
10-20-2016, 12:22 AM
Trying out Mezzmo and after setting everything up, I had a hard drive failure on the drive I store my video files on. Mezzmo still has the playlist, but is there a way to have it show you the files that are missing, maybe highlight the file in red or yellow or something similar? Or, does it already do this and I am just missing something?

Thanks!

Peter
10-20-2016, 08:14 AM
Hi,
currently Mezzmo does not contain a method for showing you files that are missing. If you know the path to the files you could create a smart playlist with the condition that the path is equal to that path and then this would show all the files that were on that drive http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=using_smart_playlists

If you just want to remove them from the library you can run Maintain Library and check the box to remove files that cannot be found on disk.

oiler2112
10-20-2016, 11:34 PM
Hi,
currently Mezzmo does not contain a method for showing you files that are missing. If you know the path to the files you could create a smart playlist with the condition that the path is equal to that path and then this would show all the files that were on that drive http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=using_smart_playlists

If you just want to remove them from the library you can run Maintain Library and check the box to remove files that cannot be found on disk.

This would definitely be a nice option to have, maybe under the customize columns. You can add one that says highlight missing files and it would highlight filenames in yellow or red that are missing, or make a column called 'file exists' or 'file missing' and then just put an X in that column if the file exists or is missing, depending on how you make it.

Just an idea.

Thanks!

Peter
10-21-2016, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, we will add this to our todo list and may include it in a future update.

Thorbengilles
10-26-2016, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, we will add this to our todo list and may include it in a future update.

Aha. that would be great job for us :)