PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Sony BluRay Issue

ftanner
10-28-2016, 06:52 AM
I have reached a point in the number of movies have that my Sony BluRay player cannot show them all. I'm fairly certain that this isn't an issue with Mezzmo in and of itself. I am wondering if this is a limitation of the profile I am using, Sony BDP HT SMP, or if it is a limitation of the player itself.

Thank you.

Peter
10-28-2016, 08:09 AM
Hi,
there is nothing in the profile to limit the number of items listed in a playlist on the device unless the files are in a format that the device does not recognize. If Mezzmo is listing the files with a mimetype or DLNA id that the device does not support it will not list the files. Please check the format of the files that are not listed against the format of the files that are listed to see if it is just a particular format that is not listed (for example mp4 is listed but avi is not).

ftanner
10-28-2016, 10:02 AM
Hi,
there is nothing in the profile to limit the number of items listed in a playlist on the device unless the files are in a format that the device does not recognize. If Mezzmo is listing the files with a mimetype or DLNA id that the device does not support it will not list the files. Please check the format of the files that are not listed against the format of the files that are listed to see if it is just a particular format that is not listed (for example mp4 is listed but avi is not).

Nope. These are all files that it historically displayed. As I add more, the list goes up and up.

What I mean by that is that it displays them alphabetically, and as I add more files into the folder the last file displayed changes in reverse alphabetical order. For instance, it used to display them all A to Z. Now it displays A through S and will not scroll any farther.

Peter
10-28-2016, 10:32 AM
It does sound like the device has a hard limit on the number of items it can display. You can use active playlists to sort the files into smaller lists so that they can be listed, use group by first letter and/or group by first word.

ftanner
10-28-2016, 01:20 PM
It does sound like the device has a hard limit on the number of items it can display. You can use active playlists to sort the files into smaller lists so that they can be listed, use group by first letter and/or group by first word.

Is there a way that we can query the device and determine the limit? I don't know anything about DLNA in and of itself.

Peter
10-28-2016, 03:21 PM
You could use diagnostic logging http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=using_logging&s[]=diagnostic, after enabling logging restart your Mezzmo server then browse the folder on the device and then open the MezzmoMediaServer log and look for #Browse to see the browse requests from the device and you will be able to see the starting offset and the requested count to see where the device stops requesting any more items.