PDA

View Full Version : Android App and Chromecast Issues

duojet
12-05-2016, 04:35 AM
Hi,

I'm on mezzmo server 5 and have the latest android app. I have 2 issues -

1. Pausing (not stopping) a video, and then unpausing results in the video restarting from the beginning.
2. There does not seem to be a way to enable/disable subtitles from the app.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Peter
12-05-2016, 12:01 PM
Hi,
thanks for reporting this issue, we have reproduced it here and are investigating to find a fix.

To disable/enable subtitles from the app you can go to settings and under Chromecast subtitles settings you can disable/enable the subtitles.

Peter
12-05-2016, 03:28 PM
We have fixed the problem and will release an update of the app.

duojet
12-05-2016, 03:52 PM
Peter,

thanks very much for the quick response. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to turn off subtitles on the chromecast. When I go to settings / chromecast subtitle settings it takes me to the android accessibility settings. I'm on android 6.1.

thanks.

Peter
12-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Hi,
yes this is correct that it takes you to android accessibility, in here you will find 'Captions' and selecting this will allow turning captions (subtitles) on or off.

duojet
12-05-2016, 05:03 PM
Hi Peter,

I tried that but the caption setting was already off, but the subtitles are still showing up. Shutting them off in the bubble upnp android app works with the same mezzmo server.

Thanks.

Peter
12-06-2016, 11:20 AM
Hi,
you will need to turn captions on then off again to turn them off.

duojet
12-07-2016, 01:51 PM
Hi,
you will need to turn captions on then off again to turn them off.

Ok, I see it works now. Unfortunately, for some reason the videos are playing with subtitles by default, and with each video, I have to repeat the process. this is several clicks for each video just to disable the subtitles. Is there any way to put a button in the now playing window? This is how bubbleupnp does it. I would prefer to use the mezzmo app, but it's cumbersome to go back every time through a few menus.

thanks for the app update, it fixed the pause issue.

Peter
12-07-2016, 02:15 PM
If you don't want subtitles you can go to 'Media Devices' in Mezzmo then select the Chromecast from the list and then on the Subtitles tab uncheck the box for external and burning subtitles then click OK and this will prevent subtitles being streamed to the device.

We will look into adding a button on the now playing page to enable/disable subtitles.