PDA

View Full Version : No new thumbnails since v5

Andrew Keeley
12-08-2016, 07:10 AM
Since I upgraded from v4.xx to 5.0.5 (and now 5.1), any new files I add to the library do not have thumbnails generated. Instead, I just get the default filmstrip icon. All files added prior to v5 show their thumbnails correctly. I have tried running the maintenance with the relevant options selected. I wonder if this is an FFMPEG problem. I am running Mezzmo on Windows Server 2003. If I right-click on an item and select 'Get FFMPEG Information', it shows an error 'Redirect console error: 5'. I would be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks.

Peter
12-08-2016, 08:11 AM
Hi,
error 5 is access denied so it sounds like there may be an issue with permissions when trying to run ffmpeg. It is best we see some logs to determine what is happening, please enable diagnostic logging http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=using_logging&s[]=diagnostic then after restarting Mezzmo try running maintain file on a file that does not have a thumbnail then send us the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com so we can investigate.

Andrew Keeley
12-21-2016, 11:15 AM
Hi,
error 5 is access denied so it sounds like there may be an issue with permissions when trying to run ffmpeg. It is best we see some logs to determine what is happening, please enable diagnostic logging http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=using_logging&s[]=diagnostic then after restarting Mezzmo try running maintain file on a file that does not have a thumbnail then send us the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com so we can investigate.

I'm sorry, I don't really have time for all that. I fixed the error 5, but it still doesn't generate new icons. With that and all the other problems I've had since the upgrade, I've temporarily resorted to a competitor's product. I'd rather just go back to Mezzmo v4.1.3.0. I have the installer, but it won't let me install over v5. Can you please provide instructions for me to safely go back? My database is backed up and I obviously don't want to lose it. Thanks.

Peter
12-21-2016, 12:46 PM
Hi Andrew,
you will need to uninstall version 5 and select to remove your Mezzmo library then download 4.1.3.0 from http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/6026-FAQ-How-to-download-older-versions-of-Mezzmo then you can run Mezzmo and restore your database from your backup.

Andrew Keeley
12-21-2016, 02:52 PM
Hi Andrew,
you will need to uninstall version 5 and select to remove your Mezzmo library then download 4.1.3.0 from http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/6026-FAQ-How-to-download-older-versions-of-Mezzmo then you can run Mezzmo and restore your database from your backup.

That didn't work. It just said I was trying to open a database from a newer version and that I should upgrade and try again. How can I revert my database to be compatible with v4.1.3.0? Thanks.

Peter
12-21-2016, 03:26 PM
It is not possible to revert the database to be compatible with v4.1.3.0, when you updated to v5 you should have been prompted to create a backup of your Mezzmo database so if you made a backup at this point you will need to use this with v4.1.3.0. When you uninstalled v5 you should have been prompted to remove your Mezzmo library, if you did not remove the library you can delete it by going to c:\users\<username>\appdata\local\Conceiva\Mezzmo (where <username> is your username) and delete all the db files. Then when you run v4.1.3.0 a new database will be created and then from Options you can restore your backup from v4.1.3.0.

Andrew Keeley
12-21-2016, 03:38 PM
I was hoping that wasn't the case because I have 90,000 items in my database. If I opted to make a backup during the upgrade (I don't remember), where would it have put it? My library folder is 16Gb, so I likely didn't. I upgraded a couple of months ago and my backups are cyclic. Even if I do have a backup of the v4 library, it's long out of date.

Andrew Keeley
12-21-2016, 03:41 PM
Never mind, I found it. I did do the backup during the upgrade. It's 13th October but that's better than nothing and I am quite relieved. I was starting to think about having to reverse engineer your schema and write a backwards migration utility.