PDA

View Full Version : streaming FLAC playback choppy/intermittent

rsbonini
12-16-2016, 11:47 AM
FLAC playback to streaming devices (Chromecast and Roku so far) takes a long time to start, once streaming audio is choppy, plays in 2 or 3 second bursts. Computer is i5 with 1TB drive, gigabit ethernet throughout network. Anybody else have this issue? Anyone from Mezzmo have any suggestions

Peter
12-16-2016, 12:05 PM
Hi,
this could be due to transcoding or it could be a problem with the packet size used to stream the audio data. Please try pre-transcoding http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=pre-transcoding_files&s[]=pre&s[]=transcode first to see if this allows the files to play properly.

rsbonini
12-16-2016, 12:09 PM
Transcoding (mp3) to the chromecast works, but I believe the c-cast should be able to receive FLAC directly. With transcoding enabled, the roku still exhibits the same behaviour and from what I can observe Mezzmo is not trying to transcode the file.

Peter
12-16-2016, 12:29 PM
I tried streaming several different flac files to the Roku 3 here and they all played fine so possibly there is a problem with the flac file encoding, would you be able to upload one to a site like Google Drive or Dropbox and send us a download link to support [at] conceiva [dot] com so we can test it?