PDA

View Full Version : small bug i think with content ratings using device and cell/tablet apps

stewart
12-24-2016, 10:13 AM
Hi i have just noticed a small bug or something with media palyers and the cell/tablet app i have only tried this with wd live media players but this is what is happing.

in the device manager i have a device set to do not stream anything that is r13 or above (rating) NOW that works fine on the device itself it will not stream r13 because its not allowed to BUT this is not the same for the app it WILL stream r13 and below to the device but not stream above r13. So i did a test i then set the device to pg one below r13 and tried to stream r13 again (from the app) and now r13 is blocked (good) BUT now when i try pg on the device itself and pg is blocked lol so it looks like the app and the device are seeing different ratings or something its werd.

Paul
01-03-2017, 11:07 AM
Interesting. We'll test this here and fix the problem for the next version of Mezzmo. Email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com if you wish to try a patch before the next version is released.