PDA

View Full Version : PGS subtitles

Dewde
12-31-2016, 09:43 AM
Hello,

I'm transcoding an MKV with PGS subs to my Sony Bravia 2012 TV. Mezzmo appears to transcode, but no burned in subs appear on the final rendered file. I also noticed that in the file's Subtitles tab, the Extract Subtitle button is greyed out. Using Mezzmo 5.1.0.0.

Help?

Dewde
01-02-2017, 08:54 PM
I guess my question really is "Does Mezzmo support the burning of PGS subtitles?"

Christopher
01-03-2017, 09:46 AM
Mezzmo is supporting burning (or copying if possible by video format) internal PGS (hdmv_pgs_subtitle). We learned, that some ripping software may place subtitles "outside of the rectangle" producing an error when burning. For users having these troubles there is a workaround - you may try to see if that is the case.
- select movie
- open File Properties dialog [pen icon], choose [Subtitles] tab,
- select a track to be burned (if many you may uncheck all others to be sure), click [Subtitle Settings...]
- click on the "Tip: Burning wrong size embedded subtitle may fail (select)
- from popup menu, choose first option "Use canvas if subtitles are not visible"
- use Pre-Transcode to verify the movie is having subtitles (may use VLC Player to preview transcoded movie)

If above is not helping, please contact support, the best with the URL to the movie so we can download and test here.

Dewde
01-04-2017, 03:23 AM
Option didn't work, I've submitted a ticket.

Dewde
01-09-2017, 01:35 AM
It's been fixed in 5.1.1.0, thanks

agyorffy
04-14-2019, 07:12 PM
hi,
I think I have the same issue, tried with different Bluray Rips, but the Extract Subtitles... is greyed out. Does 5.2.0 support now PGS bluray subtitles?

Peter
04-15-2019, 07:44 AM
Yes Mezzmo supports PGS bluray subtitles.