PDA

View Full Version : External files

joe33067
01-07-2017, 01:11 AM
Is there a page which shows the different parameters for a movie.xml file? For instance, I have a folder with several movies, but each movies title uses the "/" character (which I can't use as part of the file name), I'd like to create a metadata file which will point to the correct filename when Mezzmo performs a metadata retrieval.

smitbret
01-07-2017, 03:56 AM
Is there a page which shows the different parameters for a movie.xml file? For instance, I have a folder with several movies, but each movies title uses the "/" character (which I can't use as part of the file name), I'd like to create a metadata file which will point to the correct filename when Mezzmo performs a metadata retrieval.

I don't know how attached to .xml files you are but I used to manage my library with them but eventually got fed up with what a pain they were. I have since switched to .nfo files that will allow you to do this. They can be created and edited with any of several tools that people use for managing their Kodi libraries. I personally prefer TinyMediaManager.

joe33067
01-07-2017, 08:39 AM
I don't know how attached to .xml files you are but I used to manage my library with them but eventually got fed up with what a pain they were. I have since switched to .nfo files that will allow you to do this. They can be created and edited with any of several tools that people use for managing their Kodi libraries. I personally prefer TinyMediaManager.

Is there somewhere I can go to see the format of the nfo files? I don't really care which ones I use, I just hate needing to manually go into the properties to fixup the cover-art, description, etc.

smitbret
01-08-2017, 06:30 AM
Is there somewhere I can go to see the format of the nfo files? I don't really care which ones I use, I just hate needing to manually go into the properties to fixup the cover-art, description, etc.

I can e-mail an .nfo file if you want to check one out.

It may be faster to just go here:
http://www.tinymediamanager.org/site/download/

Download, install and run a movie file through it. It'll generate an .nfo file as well as all of the appropriately named poster art. It is much easier to setup the .nfo files here and then have Mezzmo just read them than it is to go into each file and change properties.

joe33067
01-08-2017, 10:17 AM
I've created an NFo file (along with the art work files) for one movie. When I did a refresh (and a maintain) the nfo file was not automatically read, so nothing was updated in the mezzmo database. Do I need to manually force mezzmo to read the nfo file? If so, how? Of course, I would like it to be automatic, such as, if I were to need to rebulld my database from scratch.

Peter
01-09-2017, 08:24 AM
When you do the maintain you will need to select the option to update all files and not to just update files with missing information so that the existing metadata is erased and the new metadata from the nfo file is read. Also make sure in 'Metadata Retrieval Settings' that you have the option to get metadata from nfo files selected. When you add files to the Library or re-create your library from scratch the nfo files will be read automatically.