PDA

View Full Version : Kodi plugin access still lags

Hashybot
01-07-2017, 09:18 PM
Hey Paul/Peter

Since Mezzmo 5.1, accessing the server through the Kodi plugin is painfully slow. I mentioned this issue sometime back but it still exists in the recent update. I've mentioned this issue sometime back (when 5.1 was released) and you mentioned it was todo with counting or something to that effect and that you could simply disable that for Kodi as it wasn't needed.

Anyway, I've gone back to 5.0.5.0 and it is blistering fast again.

Cheers
Hashy

jbinkley60
01-09-2017, 02:26 AM
Hey Paul/Peter

Since Mezzmo 5.1, accessing the server through the Kodi plugin is painfully slow. I mentioned this issue sometime back but it still exists in the recent update. I've mentioned this issue sometime back (when 5.1 was released) and you mentioned it was todo with counting or something to that effect and that you could simply disable that for Kodi as it wasn't needed.

Anyway, I've gone back to 5.0.5.0 and it is blistering fast again.

Cheers
Hashy

Hashy,

I run Kodi and the plogin on multiple clients. One thing I have done to improve network performance is leveage some advancedsettings.xml parameters. Here's my settings:

For version 16.x and below

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

For v17.x Krypton and above:

<advancedsettings>
<cache>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<memorysize>157286400</memorysize>
<readfactor>20</readfactor>
</cache>
</advancedsettings>

If you decide to run the plugin with Krypton and the current version of the plugin you'll need to go back to the Confluence skin and not the new Krypton default Estuary skin. The plugin currently doesn't work properly with the new skin but Peter and team plan to fix it as Krypton goes GA release. Personally I am still warming up to the new skin and like Confluence better.

The other thing I have done to improve Mezzmo performance with Kodi is move the database to an SSD. This can really help depending upon your database layout. Speaking of your database, I generally find Smart Playlists much faster than Active playlists.

Peter
01-09-2017, 09:11 AM
Hi Hashy,
the slow performance may be from the unplayed child counting in folders, are you seeing this slow performance when browsing folders or playlists? Improving database performance by putting the database on an SSD will improve this as Jeff has found, we will make a change to disable this counting for Kodi and send you a patch to try.

Peter
01-10-2017, 01:44 PM
Hi Hashy,
we have created a patch with the change to disable folder counting for Kodi and sent you the patch via email.

Hashybot
01-11-2017, 02:49 AM
Thanks for the help Peter and jbinkley60,

I use Xonfluence, the issue I have is that I have multiple merged drives across the network, that is where the access sometimes doesn't work at all...

The latest patch has fixed everything, and it is faster than ever! Great work on this and much appreciated Peter/Paul. :)