PDA

View Full Version : How do I get photos to pre-load?

bpaulson
01-26-2017, 06:01 AM
I'm using Mezzmo Pro 5.1.1 under Win10 with the Sony Bravia KDL W profile via an Ethernet connection. I'm displaying many photos in sequence by browsing through folders. It takes a few seconds to advance each time to load the next photo and my audience gets bored waiting :) There must be a way to pre-load them with some setting? Like a pre-transcode for photos?

I know I can put a slide show together as a movie, and that works fine, but I'd also like to be able to quickly browse through photo folders as well.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Peter
01-27-2017, 09:06 AM
Hi,
yes you can pre-transcode your photos in Mezzmo, go to the Tools menu and select 'Pre-Transcode Library' then select photos only and you can pre-transcode all your photos for the TV. Seehttp://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=pre-transcoding_files&s[]=prepare&s[]=library for more information.

Christopher
01-27-2017, 09:34 AM
Specifics of DLNA protocols are that it is up to the Media Device (Bravia) to decide when and how to play, Mezzmo is just responding to the requests. So pre-fetch cannot be enforced or recommended. May be the photos are huge, in this case Mezzmo will transcode them, our Bravia KDL profile is having maximum dimensions as:
<maxdimensions width="4096" height="4096" /> for large, <maxdimensions width="1024" height="768" /> for medium, but transcoding by Mezzmo should be rather fast.
It may be that 4096 is too big to transfer and load, you may try to limit the dimensions by [Menu][Media Devices][Device Settings][Performance]