PDA

View Full Version : Which is the preferred method to populate the mezzmo database

joe33067
01-31-2017, 11:56 PM
Is it better to have mezzmo go online and grab the information, art, etc from online sources, or, to use local nfo / jpg files ?

smitbret
02-01-2017, 08:05 AM
Is it better to have mezzmo go online and grab the information, art, etc from online sources, or, to use local nfo / jpg files ?

Six of one half dozen of another.

I like the .nfo/.jpg route because all of the info is stored with the file itself and if something happens to the Mezzmo database then I can simply rebuild with the info that is still intact. I feel like I get a little better granular control, too.

joe33067
02-01-2017, 09:05 AM
What about operations like maintain database - is it faster if the info (nfo, etc) is local ?

Peter
02-01-2017, 09:21 AM
If the metadata comes from an nfo and the thumbnails and backdrop images come from disk then it will be faster. Mezzmo is limited to a certain number of metadata lookups to themoviedb.org per minute so this will slow down the process if Mezzmo is requesting metadata for each file. Also the time to send a request to a server on the Internet and get a response vs reading a file off disk will be a factor if a lot of files are being updated.

joe33067
02-01-2017, 11:48 AM
OK, so local files are preferable to internet retrieval. Thx!