PDA

View Full Version : Can a view be created

joe33067
02-09-2017, 11:52 AM
I'd like to be able to create a view that shows any video title where either the filename or foldername has physically been changed on the disk (example, original title f:\movies\movie123.mp4 changes to f:\movies\movie456.mp4, or, f:\movies\badmovies\movie123.mp4)

I notice that if I happen to stumble across one of these, and run maintain on the title itself, it gets removed from the database. However, I will not normally see these titles in a folder view or a playlist like recently added.

I'd like this so that I can just run a maintain on this single view to clean up the database, without needing to run maintain on the entire database, which takes considerably longer.

Is this possible ?

Peter
02-10-2017, 08:12 AM
Hi Joe,
you can run Maintain playlist on the recently added playlist and this will remove the files that no longer exist at the path. This does not work on folders because Mezzmo gets the list of files from disk so the non-existent files are not in the list, for other playlists the list of files comes from the database so this allows Mezzmo to check if they exist and remove them if the option to remove files is checked.

joe33067
02-10-2017, 08:24 AM
Thx Peter - I did do that - run maintain on the playlist - but I was hoping to create a more focused playlist - one which would only show me the anomalies, so I could clean them up faster.

Peter
02-10-2017, 08:28 AM
Currently there is no way to know whether a file exists or not until we check the path to see if the file is there, so this involves getting all the file paths and going through one by one. You can run Maintain library just with the option to remove files checked and this should be faster than running it with the update option checked.

joe33067
02-11-2017, 01:26 AM
I'll give that a shot (only leaving the option to remove files from the mezzmo library checked). I'll let you know how it runs.