PDA

View Full Version : Smart Playlists - Recent Additions - Last N days?

Corpse
02-13-2017, 05:19 PM
How do I create a smart playlist showing anything added to the library in the last 7 days?

i.e.

Field Operator Value
------------ --------------- ---------
[date added] [is greater than] [now-7]

smitbret
02-14-2017, 03:16 AM
How do I create a smart playlist showing anything added to the library in the last 7 days?

i.e.

Field Operator Value
------------ --------------- ---------
[date added] [is greater than] [now-7]

You can create an Smart Playlist that just sorts by <Most Recently Added>. Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to limit the time (i.e. only the last 7 days) but I limit mine to the last 50 or 100 items added.

Peter
02-14-2017, 08:15 AM
Currently it is not possible to specify a time period for recently added items but as Brett said you can create a Smart Playlist that sorts by Most Recently Added and limit it by the number of items. The default playlist under video 'Recently Added' does this.

caust
04-30-2017, 06:45 AM
I've used the solution you describe Peter. The problem is that we need to be able to sort on Title AND only view items added within certain period. The use-case is very common. Users want a playlist last only shows TV episodes added in the last 24 hours (or any time period) and sorted by Title (or some other property) to ensure that episodes automatically play in the correct sequence.

I bought Mezzmo because it met more requirements than any other solution I could find. If this were added (AND better sorting options for the root library view AND custom metadata lookup rules), then it would be perfect.

Peter
05-01-2017, 10:25 AM
I think we could reuse the data added smart playlist rule where it is possible to set a range for the date but instead of making this a fixed date we could use keywords that specify the current data should be used and the range should be x number of days.

caust
05-23-2017, 09:12 AM
That would be greatly appreciated. I hope it makes the cut for the next release. For now, I just tag everything new with a keyword for the filter. Glad that I can select multiple files at once ;)