PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to exclude a folder from doing metadata lookups?

joe33067
02-19-2017, 02:29 PM
I've got a few folders in my media library that aren't movie or TV shows (like director interviews, behind the scenes, etc). Rather than having Mezzmo try to populate the properties, is there a way to flag a folder so that it gets ignored when maintenance is run ?

jbinkley60
02-19-2017, 11:57 PM
I've got a few folders in my media library that aren't movie or TV shows (like director interviews, behind the scenes, etc). Rather than having Mezzmo try to populate the properties, is there a way to flag a folder so that it gets ignored when maintenance is run ?

Yes, that feature was added in version 5.

http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/8692-Mezzmo-v5-0-1-0-is-available-now!

I believe it is still limited to a file by file approach vs at the folder level. If you go into properties on a file you see the lock button icon above the poster artwork. Clicking it will turn locking off/on. If you do want to do an entire folder you can select all files, go to properties and then click the lock and it will apply to all of them. What it won't do is capture new files. You'll have to repeat this. I'd like to see locking at the folder level.

joe33067
02-20-2017, 04:11 PM
Cool. Thx for the info!

paulsalter
02-20-2017, 09:54 PM
I have a similar thing which i use a smart playlist for

set the playlist for folder = (name of folder) and lock = disabled
this then shows be all files which are not locked in that folder, select all and lock them

My use is for movies though, i check them in the playlist, if i am happy and dont want them touched again, then i lock them