PDA

View Full Version : mezzmo.exe up to 100% CPU

krygi
11-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Hello,

I have always the problem that Mezzmo.exe utilizes the CPU with up to 100%.
Also, the memory is very busy.
While this happened, but I can not find any entries in the logs and ffmpeg is not currently active.
It must be the update of the DB related, because the last entries were few hours ago these error messages:

" Http://ecs.amazonaws.com/doc/2009-01-01/> <Error> <Code> AccountLimitExceeded </ code> <Message> Account of 2000 requests per hour limit exceeded. </ Message> < / Error> <RequestID> 40153858-890B-41e3-A182-be9ffc2c2bd8 </ RequestID> </ ItemSearchErrorResponse>
Can this be the cause?

Other problems I have still some films that need to be transcoded or have a format that is not supported by the TV.
Even if I then stop the playing, mezzmoserver uses about 50% CPU!
I can only stop when I manually stop the mezzmoserver!
My server is in the basement, I control this from the other computer.
So I have to watch almost every day, whether Mezzmo the server back to sweat!

Mario

krygi
11-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Hello again,

now I've just the problem that ffmpeg could not transcode a movie. The CPU back to 100% utilization.
The MezzmoServer automatically takes the next film, but ffmpeg still uses 100% CPU!
I had to stop again ffmpeg manually with the Task Manager.
I already have the patched ffmpeg in use!

Mario

Paul
11-29-2010, 10:28 AM
Hello,

The error you're seeing in the logs is coming from Amazon and it's related to getting album artwork for your music files. We're working on getting that fixed and it'll be available with the next minor Mezzmo update.

Mezzmo by default is set to finish transcoding files in the background, so that could be one reason why your CPU is used by ffmpeg even when you're not watching anything. You can change that in the Transcoding Settings dialog.

If you can send us some logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com that are taken during this time, we can probably spot the exact reason for the high CPU usage.