PDA

View Full Version : Small vob files

btk55343
02-28-2017, 07:54 AM
I don't understand the wiki explaining how to create a text file so Mezzmo will recognize small vob files.

I know how to create the text file and populate it. Is the smallest size 1 minute?

And, where should the text file be stored? Is it external to the dvd folder? Is it within the dvd folder next to the _ts folders? Is it within the video_ts folder?

Finally, the naming scheme is not clear as there are 4 examples rather than one. Should it be: 'the name of the dvd folder' with "_define.mzi" added to the end?

Peter
02-28-2017, 09:52 AM
Hi,
yes the smallest size is 1 minute, so a value of 1 will equal 1 minute.

The file should be stored next to the _TS folders or if it is an iso then next to the iso file. From the example on the wiki F:\Video\Inception_DVD\Inception_DVD_define.mzi, the F:\Video\Iinception_DVD folder contains VIDEO_TS so the mzi file sits side by side with this. The name of the mzi file should be the name of the dvd folder with _define.mzi added to the end.

btk55343
02-28-2017, 10:24 AM
Thanks for getting back to me so fast. I still can't get it to work.

I'm confused because the example includes a drive letter in the file name. And the colon is a special character not allowed for the file name.

My file name is--------------TOS 1-1_define.mzi

Peter
02-28-2017, 10:57 AM
The example shows the full path to the file, the filename should be Inception_DVD_define.mzi in the example.

btk55343
02-28-2017, 12:43 PM
Thanks Peter. I didn't think the path would be needed. But I can't get it to work.

So I have TOS 1-1_define.mzi. It is immediately below the video_ts folder.

Here are the contents:

[General]
DvdMinDuration=1

And I have clicked Maintain Files.

Peter
02-28-2017, 01:12 PM
The TOS 1-1_define.mzi file needs to be in the same folder as the video_ts folder, it should not be inside the video_ts folder.

btk55343
02-28-2017, 01:24 PM
Yes, I got that and it didn't appear to work. I then restarted the server. Now I can see the small vob file on the Roku but it doesn't show on the UI on my server.

Peter
02-28-2017, 01:45 PM
Mezzmo caches the contents of a DVD so this is why it appeared on the Roku after restarting the server, try restarting the Mezzmo application on your PC and it should use the setting and show the vob files.

btk55343
02-28-2017, 02:32 PM
Your right. I closed and reopened and now it works. I was thinking restarting the server would do it...

Thanks for your help.