PDA

View Full Version : Embedded subtitles - Mezzmo Android App

YankeeFan
03-28-2017, 08:02 AM
Hi, I am playing around with the Mezzmo Android app on my phone and I can't figure out how to make the subtitles appear. I am trying to stream an MKV file that has an embedded SRT format subtitle file. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Peter
03-28-2017, 09:19 AM
Hi,
the Mezzmo Android app does not currently support embedded subtitles so you will need to extract the subtitles using Mezzmo on your PC before streaming the file http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=using_subtitles&s[]=extract#extracting_embedded_subtitles

An alternative is to install another video player app that supports embedded subtitles (Like MX Player) then in settings in the Mezzmo Android app turn off the option to use the Internal video player.

YankeeFan
03-28-2017, 11:22 AM
I was already using an external video player (VLC) which plays embedded subtitles just fine. When I load the MKV file directly from the drive in VLC it gives me the option to select the internal embedded subtitle file. However, when I stream it from Mezzmo, that option is no longer there. It seems to me that Mezzmo is not communicating the fact that the video has an embedded subtitle file to begin with.

Peter
03-28-2017, 12:05 PM
Please go to 'Media Devices' in Mezzmo and double-click the device in the list and on the subtitles tab check the box for embedded subtitles then click OK and go to the properties of the file in Mezzmo to see if there is a transcoded file on the Transcoding tab and if there is delete it and try streaming the file to the app again.