PDA

View Full Version : Auto-Refreshing of folder....

sebastian
03-29-2017, 09:16 PM
Hello,

is that even possible with mezzmo? We have a windows release with media files. This folder is used by different peoples to add (and remove) files.

We have a "infotainment"-TV which is playing this folder.

Now if a file gets added via the windows release it wont get played. No Refresh, overall files do not change too on the server. We setup autorefresh for this folder to 1 minute. But nothing happens.

It makes no difference if i start playing this folder from the server or directly from the tv. New files are only detected if i stop and play again.

thanks in advance for help

greetings
sebastian

Peter
03-30-2017, 09:21 AM
Hi Sebastian,
new files will be detected and added to the Mezzmo database using auto refresh but to see them on the device or in the Mezzmo application you will need to refresh the listing by going back one folder then returning to the folder where you were so that the files can be listed from disk to add the new files to the listing.

sebastian
03-30-2017, 10:07 PM
thank you for your answer!

another question:
Our Samsung Smart TV turns automatically on at 8am. Is it possible (due command line, or something?) to start then a playlist, without clicking on play?

Because thats what i need to do now every morning. Pressing once on this play button in meezmo. A command line request, e.g. meezmo.de --play-playlist=blabla --to-device=IP_ADRESSS --options=infinte-playlist would be very nice.

thanks in advance

Peter
03-31-2017, 10:25 AM
If you leave the Mezzmo application running on the PC while it is playing files to the TV and then turn off the TV Mezzmo will resume Play To automatically when the TV is rediscovered after it is turned on.