PDA

View Full Version : Unable to add NAS folders to Mezzmo library, file format issues

rward1953
04-11-2017, 09:29 AM
I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, and I have a number of NAS drives, both USB 2 and USB 3, on this system, and have recently experienced a system crash. I've written to you before about this, but I seem to be unable to add some of the NAS drives back to the library because of the ludicrous security issues connected to Windows 7. This may be a Microsoft question, but I am not completely certain if this is the server being stopped by the Windows system or what.

Previous to the system crash, I appeared to be able to add NAS sources without and issue, but with the set-up I have now, even going through the permission/security crap that is suggested by Microsoft, the library doesn't seem to go through the entire directory and sub-directory layout I had in the old Windows 7 setup I had before the system crash. I can add folder by folder, but that seems to be insane, as I have well over 5 Tb of movies etc, over 5 drives. There has to be a more sensible way to add material to the library. I suspect this is the permission/security thing, but I can't be certain.

Is there something I should know about this software that might cause this? I'm particularly frustrated with not being able to access sub-directories that are more than 3-4 levels in, as I was trying to organize my library for easy access. Even when I can get access to a previous source the maximum scan seems to stop at about 3 "deep". This is particularly annoying with music folders, as the "depth" can easily reach 4-5 levels in.

Lastly, when I first set-up my library, there was a lot of "avi" files, and it appears that many of these files, even when accessible are not transcoding to a playable format. I realize certain formats are more compatible than others, but is there something going on here that I am missing? Obviously mp4 files appear to work the best. Should I be converting these files to this format?

Peter
04-11-2017, 10:17 AM
Hi,
are you able to browse all the folders in the Mezzmo application on your PC to see the files? The problem could be just limited to when browsing on the device, if you try to browse into an unreachable folder does it error or just not appear in the list?

For the avi files it depends upon the device profile as to whether the files will be transcoded, can you please tell us the device profile you currently have configured for the device in 'Media Devices'?