PDA

View Full Version : Database Backup / Restore re-use old db path

odin
04-15-2017, 01:02 PM
When you restore a database it goes to the default path, then after you restore you need to select the new path to move the database again, I would like to see a feature where you can restore a database from an existing path without having to re-configure paths.

Like I have a database from a previous install at D:\Mezzmo\ and lets say I formatted windows, I would just like to select it and mezzmo would use it again, without having to re-set all the paths.

I hope this makes sense

BTW thanks for releasing the BETA, hope to see more.

Peter
04-18-2017, 10:26 AM
Hi Odin,
you can edit the MezzmoMediaServer.ini file directly in c:\users\<username>\appdata\Conceiva\Mezzmo (where <username> is your username) and change the database path. You will need to make sure Mezzmo and the Mezzmo server are not running when you do this. You can also change the path in Options in Mezzmo but this would try to copy the existing database to the location which would overwrite your existing backup. We will look at adding support for just changing the path without copying the database files if there is already a database in the location.

odin
04-19-2017, 04:25 PM
thanks I will check that out next time I need to restore