PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo on Samsung KS8000

mastroalex
05-17-2017, 09:27 AM
Hi, I just set up Mezzmo on my PC, but it really doesn't seem to see my Samsung KS8000 (2016 model) and vice versa. Any hint? I successfully set up Windows media player service and plex and vuze, so probably there's something I don't get about Mezzmo. Best regards.

Peter
05-17-2017, 10:03 AM
Hi,
usually if Mezzmo cannot see your TV it is the firewall blocking the communication. Please go to 'Media Server Settings' to see if the button to configure the firewall is enabled and if it is try clicking it to see if this resolves the problem. If you are using third-party firewall software then you will need to configure it to allow MezzmoMediaServer.exe to communicate through the firewall.

mastroalex
05-17-2017, 09:56 PM
That option is greyed out and I tried disabling firewall too. I tried uninstalling Plex, just in case, but it didn't solve the problem. My PC is connected via LAN, while the TV is on WiFi, same network, of course. This is what I see in multimedia devices.

mastroalex
05-17-2017, 10:32 PM
UPDATE: I uninstalled Plex, then deleted the Plex Media Server device that was persistent on the multimedia device list and now everything seems to work. I'll try reinstalling Plex and I'll try to find out what caused the problem. I'll keep you updated.

mastroalex
05-18-2017, 09:56 PM
Definitely the problem was Plex, when installed Mezzmo can't see my TV.

Peter
05-19-2017, 08:59 AM
Thanks for letting us know, possibly Plex was using the same port as Mezzmo.