PDA

View Full Version : Possible bug with android mezzmo app

stewart
05-19-2017, 08:56 AM
Hi im not shore if this is a bug or not but here is my problem.

when using a Samsung ser 5 smart tv and the android app in the devices menu the tv seems to drop off and come back again at random times. eg one min i have it selected and start send the movie to the tv then when i check it its gone and sometimes it will not come back for a long time eg 5min or so and then it will be back. I have noticed its worse if you exit the app and then return to the app its missing. It like the app and the tv are not talking to each other or somthing. Now its on wifi so my first thought was ok the wifi was going down and coming back BUT this is not the case as i can stream youtube videos at the same time the app can not see the tv so that rules out the wifi. Could it be a problem with the app and this model tv???? .The app works fine for all other devices most are on a lan connection

regards
stewart

Peter
05-19-2017, 09:07 AM
The app relies upon Notify messages from the TV to add or remove it from the list, most devices set a timeout of 30 minutes so the next Notify must be sent within this timeframe for the app to keep it in the list. It sounds like the Notify messages are not being sent by the TV or they are being blocked by the router. Please check to make sure your router does not have any of the settings listed in http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=mezzmo_server_not_listed_on_device#you r_router_s_settings enabled

stewart
05-19-2017, 02:27 PM
The app relies upon Notify messages from the TV to add or remove it from the list, most devices set a timeout of 30 minutes so the next Notify must be sent within this timeframe for the app to keep it in the list. It sounds like the Notify messages are not being sent by the TV or they are being blocked by the router. Please check to make sure your router does not have any of the settings listed in http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=mezzmo_server_not_listed_on_device#you r_router_s_settings enabled

yes its all set right and all the other devices on the network are fine only the tv is playing up witch it werd also the link you showed me is for the server listing problem ?? it sees the server fine its the device that is dropping off all the time

Peter
05-22-2017, 10:37 AM
Server listing issues can also affect devices being listed as both use the Multicast Notify method so the troubleshooting steps in the link also apply to devices. If the device is constantly sending bye Notify packets to the app then alive Notify packets this might explain the problem, this could be due to a fault in the device or a network issue if it keeps losing and connecting to the network.