PDA

View Full Version : Auto/Manual clean up of transcoding folder

Dillster
06-14-2017, 06:01 PM
Hi guys!

Just a quick wish...

I allocate 100MB to the transcoding folder and I always seem to have issues with it filling and not transcoding something that I want to watch...

Any chance to have a button to clean X number of files based on oldest date?

I hate going into the folder and just deleting things in a hurry as I want to watch something quick!

Anyways, keep up the good work!

Andrew

smitbret
06-15-2017, 04:09 AM
Hi guys!

Just a quick wish...

I allocate 100MB to the transcoding folder and I always seem to have issues with it filling and not transcoding something that I want to watch...

Any chance to have a button to clean X number of files based on oldest date?

I hate going into the folder and just deleting things in a hurry as I want to watch something quick!

Anyways, keep up the good work!

Andrew

Geez, I hope this is a typo and you meant 100GB instead of 100MB, otherwise I would be surprised if anything got transcoded correctly for playback.

Peter
06-15-2017, 09:12 AM
Mezzmo will delete the oldest file when the transcoding folder is full to make room for a new transcode so this behavior is already implemented.

Dillster
06-17-2017, 07:45 AM
Geez, I hope this is a typo and you meant 100GB instead of 100MB, otherwise I would be surprised if anything got transcoded correctly for playback.

Ahhh, yeah, 100 GB :o

Dillster
06-17-2017, 07:48 AM
Mezzmo will delete the oldest file when the transcoding folder is full to make room for a new transcode so this behavior is already implemented.

Just want to check - if I manually transcode a file it doesn't allow the transcode to complete though if the folder is nearly full...
I believe the auto transcode and delete works fine, just not if I choose to manually transcode a file in advance...

Peter
06-19-2017, 10:08 AM
Transcoding manually should work the same as auto transcoding unless disk space is getting too low then the transcode will fail.

Dillster
06-26-2017, 08:47 PM
Transcoding manually should work the same as auto transcoding unless disk space is getting too low then the transcode will fail.

And that's the problem I have - I have to delete old files before I can transcode new ones if the space is nearly full.

So, back to my request - an option to manually clean a portion of the transcode folder either by date or device would be helpful in this situation rather than blindly deleting a semi-randomly named folder because I'm in a hurry to watch something...

Peter
06-27-2017, 09:02 AM
You can set the transcoding folder size to a lower value so that it does not get to the state where the disk is full, currently you have it set to 100GB so I would change this to 90GB and this will allow a 10GB buffer to allow transcoding to finish on files that exceed the remaining space but when you start a new transcode an older file will be deleted to keep the folder at a size less than the full disk space.

Dillster
06-29-2017, 09:40 PM
Thanks, Peter I appreciate the help but I don't think that is what I'm getting at...

Say my transcode folder is nearly full (note not the disk, only the folder - the disk still has a few gig to spare), and I want to manually transcode something new.
Now, I cant as the folder is nearly full, and it stops transcoding the file once the limit is reached.
If I were to get a remote device to request the file and it needs transcoding, the old files would be deleted as you described.
But I'm trying to transcode in advance of watching the file, so that doesn't help me.

Peter
06-30-2017, 09:38 AM
I set my transcoding folder size to 1Gb here and tried transcoding a file and this reproduced the problem you are seeing. Please send an email to support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we will send you a patch that will delete older files instead of showing this message.

Dillster
07-13-2017, 05:18 PM
Thanks, Peter

I'm trying out the update and so far so good.