PDA

View Full Version : Exporting List of titles

joe33067
06-19-2017, 10:23 AM
Is it possible to create a CSV file from a view (or playlist) ?

Peter
06-19-2017, 10:28 AM
You can export files to a playlist from the file menu http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=export_playlist&s[]=export

joe33067
06-19-2017, 03:20 PM
Hey Peter - I actually tried that, to see what it would look like. It actually crashed Mezzmo.

I didn't actually want to export a playlist, per se', I wanted to generate a list of all titles in a format that I could use to import into Excel, like a CSV format.

Peter
06-19-2017, 03:37 PM
The Mezzmo database is sqlite so possibly you could try an excel to sqlite bridge such as https://github.com/govert/SQLiteForExcel, have not tried this so I'm not sure if it will work. You can also use an sqlite program like sqliteSpy to browse the table and export data.

joe33067
06-19-2017, 11:05 PM
Thx Peter. I'll investigate those options.

ftanner
06-20-2017, 09:09 AM
Hey Peter - I actually tried that, to see what it would look like. It actually crashed Mezzmo.

I didn't actually want to export a playlist, per se', I wanted to generate a list of all titles in a format that I could use to import into Excel, like a CSV format.

I will second this Peter. Exporting the playlists now crashes Mezzmo consistently (every time).

Peter
06-20-2017, 09:35 AM
I tried it here and could not reproduce the crash, can you please send the crash report to support [at] conceiva [dot] com so we can investigate?

ftanner
06-21-2017, 11:33 AM
I tried it here and could not reproduce the crash, can you please send the crash report to support [at] conceiva [dot] com so we can investigate?

E-mail sent to support.

Peter
06-21-2017, 12:34 PM
Thanks, the crash report shows that the crash is occurring when loading the title of one of the files. Can you please try exporting the playlist of just one file to see if the crash occurs then if this does not crash try exporting more files until you find which file is causing the crash.

ftanner
06-22-2017, 09:18 AM
Thanks, the crash report shows that the crash is occurring when loading the title of one of the files. Can you please try exporting the playlist of just one file to see if the crash occurs then if this does not crash try exporting more files until you find which file is causing the crash.

It does this with two different playlists with two different sets of criteria. One of the playlists is for movies that are less than 720p (standard def) and one that is 720p or larger, but less than 1080p (720p high def). These two playlists do not share files.

Peter
06-22-2017, 11:11 AM
There may be corruption in the database that is causing the crash when reading the title of one of the files in each playlist, can you try just exporting one file from each playlist?

ftanner
06-23-2017, 01:17 AM
There may be corruption in the database that is causing the crash when reading the title of one of the files in each playlist, can you try just exporting one file from each playlist?

It still crashes when I do one item from one of the playlists, but not with the other one.

Peter
06-23-2017, 09:04 AM
It is probably best we get your database so we can try to reproduce it here, please go to options in Mezzmo to find the database folder then open it in Windows explorer and stop your Mezzmo media server and exit Mezzmo then add the Mezzmo.db file to a zip and send it to us via dropbox or google drive.