PDA

View Full Version : Web Acces and permalink problems!

Zibri
06-28-2017, 01:22 AM
Hello!
I use mezzmo from a long time.
I had and I have no problems using it as a DLNA server with my samsung TVs.
I also use it sometimes from outside using the web interface.
Now I have this problem:

if I create a permalink it starts in 360p and if I select a different resolution a popup says "Request failed :-(" without specifying the reason.
clearly transcoding works otherwise I would not have 360p (I have all sources 1080p or 720p).

I don't understand what happened.. maybe it's the latest version (I used 5.0.2.0 now it updated to 5.1.1.0)

Any clues?
I use chrome on both android both pc... and I am getting crazy about this.
I also don't understand how to set a default resolution for permalinks.
Any help apreciated.

Peter
06-28-2017, 10:02 AM
I have reproduced this here, it appears that after this error is shown you can press play and the video will play in the selected resolution.

Zibri
06-29-2017, 01:27 AM
I have reproduced this here, it appears that after this error is shown you can press play and the video will play in the selected resolution.

Also it would be nice to be able to select the file format.. like to have the native chrome player (which supports mp4 and m3u8)
This would be great for many situations including the possibility to cast it to chromecast without needing the android app.

Peter
06-29-2017, 09:02 AM
mp4 has an index at the end of the file which makes transcoding on the fly not possible using this format. The device profile has a preferred format for transcoding on the fly to the web browser and this usually only supports one format depending upon the browser.

You can install a browser extension in chrome that will allow you to cast the video to the chromecast.