PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo Roku App

ftanner
07-03-2017, 12:51 PM
I have an honest question, because I don't know all of the features of the Mezzmo app for the Roku devices.

Other than branding, what features does the Mezzmo app have over the built-in Roku app given that they both use the same video "drivers".

Peter
07-03-2017, 01:25 PM
For full details of the features see http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=mezzmo_for_roku_user_guide#benefits_of _using_the_mezzmo_for_roku_app. The Mezzmo Roku app offers resume support as well as rich metadata displays and searching.

ftanner
07-04-2017, 10:47 AM
I can't seem to get the fast forward previews to work. Is there a setting that I have to change somewhere?

Peter
07-04-2017, 11:13 AM
Mezzmo needs to generate the thumbnail previews for the video, for best results you should use Maintain Library to maintain the file and check the box to generate video thumbnail previews. Mezzmo does generate the thumbnail previews on the fly but if this takes too long then the Roku will not wait and the first time you play the video the previews will not appear.

ftanner
07-04-2017, 01:33 PM
Mezzmo needs to generate the thumbnail previews for the video, for best results you should use Maintain Library to maintain the file and check the box to generate video thumbnail previews. Mezzmo does generate the thumbnail previews on the fly but if this takes too long then the Roku will not wait and the first time you play the video the previews will not appear.

Hmm... That's unfortunate. That's one thing I truly miss from using my BluRay player for streaming. When I would fast-forward it would generate the thumbnails on the fly. Made it alot easier for searching where I wanted to be. Every "click" of the fast forward (I'm not sure how many seconds a "click" was, I would guess about 15 to 30 seconds) would show a preview for that time spot.