PDA

View Full Version : Sony KDL EX700 profile ?

hreintke
11-30-2010, 07:56 PM
LS,

I am eperimenting mezzmo server with my new Sony KDL 32EX700.

- It uses the Sony KDL device profile. Is that correct or is there a specific profile for the EX700 ?
- Is there an (easy) way to check whether a video file in the libray needs transcoding or not ?

Kind regards,

Herman

Paul
12-01-2010, 08:37 AM
Yes, the "Sony Bravia KDL" is the correct profile and we have an update for it as well here (fixes some transcoding issues). At the moment there is no easy way to see files that will need to be transcoded from within the GUI, but we'll such a feature later on.

hreintke
12-01-2010, 06:07 PM
LS,

Is there a place where I can download the updated profile ?
Is there a description for the profile files so I can check what will be sent when to the TV ?

Herman

skipy
12-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Hi,

I'll be interested to get this updated profile for my KDL-52EX700 :-). The feature about transcoding will be very usefull too and of course .wtv (HD!!??) support....

Skip.

Paul
12-02-2010, 08:25 AM
Please send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll send you an updated device profile.

The profiles are XML files, so they basically describe the formats supported by the device - based on that and FFmpeg information of the file, you can check which ones will be transcoded and which ones will not.

hreintke
12-07-2010, 09:21 PM
LS,

Received the new device profile and get things started now.
Question on subtitles. I read different stories about subtitle/srt support for the KDL EX700. See no reference to it in the device profile.
Does that mean mezzmo does not push the subtitles to the TV ?

Herman

Paul
12-08-2010, 09:01 AM
The Sony Bravias do not support external subtitles, as far as we know, so yes, subtitles are not delivered to the TV (actually they are, but the TV doesn't request them).