PDA

View Full Version : Can't stream video to rendering device with Mezzmo App

wrnoof
07-05-2017, 04:30 PM
I shot a video today with my Blackberry PRIV 6.0 running Marshmallow 6.0.1. Using the Mezzmo android app, I tried streaming the video to my Sony BDP BX510 and got the message "file is corrupt or unsupported" on my TV screen. However, when I copied the video to my PC, I could play the PC copy on the BDP using either the PC (pushing to the BDP) or the BDP (pulling from the PC) as the control device. The PC copy is not being transcoded and plays well as is.

Any thoughts on how to address this problem? Am not sure if it's the smartphone device profile or something else.

Thanks so much,
Bob Neufeld

Peter
07-05-2017, 04:48 PM
Hi Bob,
it may be a mimetype or DLNA profile id problem, can you please tell us the device profile you are using for the BDP?

wrnoof
07-06-2017, 12:12 AM
Hi Peter,
It's Sony BDP, HT, SMP (2013 Models). BTW, I don't get the same error streaming to my Samsung smart TV, which uses profile Samsung D.
Thanks,
Bob

Peter
07-06-2017, 09:25 AM
The profile does not use a DLNA profile id and the mimetype is video/mp4 the same as the Android app uses so possibly it is a problem with the headers supplied in the request, are you able to browse the Mezzmo Android server from the BDP and play the file?

wrnoof
07-07-2017, 06:43 AM
No. The Mezzmo app does not show up on the BDP menu as does the PC Mezzmo. I refreshed the list several times with no change. FYI, when trying to stream to the BDP from the android app, after the "file is corrupt" message, the TV displays "Disconnected from media-renderer device" and goes back to the BDP menu.

Peter
07-07-2017, 08:50 AM
Possibly the BDP cannot connect to the Android app's server and this is why it is failing to play, can you please enable logging in the settings of the android app then restart the app and try streaming the file to the device then send us the log.