PDA

View Full Version : Roku App - Resume on Other Device

ftanner
07-09-2017, 02:09 PM
In the wiki it says that with the Roku app you can resume a movie on another device. I have multiple Roku Ultra devices on my network, but cannot figure out how to do that. The wiki doesn't give any indication. How do we do that?

Peter
07-10-2017, 11:02 AM
Currently this is not enabled by default, you will need to edit the MezzmoMediaServer.ini file in your Mezzmo database folder (see Options for the location). Under the [DB] section add:

UseGlobalBookmarks=1

Then save the file and this should allow the bookmarks to be used on all devices.

ftanner
07-10-2017, 11:21 PM
Currently this is not enabled by default, you will need to edit the MezzmoMediaServer.ini file in your Mezzmo database folder (see Options for the location). Under the [DB] section add:

UseGlobalBookmarks=1

Then save the file and this should allow the bookmarks to be used on all devices.

Oddly, it wasn't in my database folder. It was in the /users/{user}/apdata/local/conceiva folder. My database folder is d:\mezzmo_database.

ftanner
07-11-2017, 05:17 AM
This works great. I'd recommend putting it in the interface to manage it....hehehe As an aside, how will this affect the database storage or what-not? How long does it keep the pause/resume info?

Peter
07-11-2017, 09:27 AM
The mezzmomediaserver.ini file is in the default database folder, which is /users/{user}/appdata/local/conceiva/mezzmo.

The resume info is kept until the next time the video is stopped then that bookmark is used to update the position info in the database.

ftanner
07-11-2017, 09:56 AM
The mezzmomediaserver.ini file is in the default database folder, which is /users/{user}/appdata/local/conceiva/mezzmo.

The resume info is kept until the next time the video is stopped then that bookmark is used to update the position info in the database.

Does it ever clear? Depending on how much space that has the potential to take up, you might want to consider a "purge bookmarks that are x days old" setting.

Peter
07-11-2017, 10:22 AM
It is only an integer value in a column in the database so the space it takes up is minimal (kilobytes at most).