PDA

View Full Version : 1-2 second pauses

joe33067
07-22-2017, 05:34 PM
Sometime last week, I noticed when watching different videos, 1-2 second pauses periodically. Happens to multiple videos. I've tried rebooting my PC, rebooting the media streaming device. I'm running 5.1.1.20 on Windows 7. I'm thinking maybe a buffering issue - although, like I said, it just started happening last week, and I've been using this version in this configuration for almost a year. Anything come to mind for me to check?

Peter
07-24-2017, 09:12 AM
Please check to see if the file is transcoded on the fly, if it is then please check the transcoding speed in the Transcoding pane.
If the original file is being streamed then it could be a network issue so you can try disabling UPnP on your router if it is not already disabled and also try turning off other devices on the network to see if they are sending traffic causing congestion.

joe33067
07-24-2017, 03:48 PM
Hi Peter. It's happening on multiple files, none of which appear to require transcoding - plus they are files I have viewed previously without experiencing any type of delay. But I looked at the transcoding settings, just in case, and the only setting that was not default was "turn off transcoding for all connected devices". I have another media streaming device which I want to try using to compare performance. I'll let you know how it goes.

joe33067
07-25-2017, 04:29 PM
Well, it looks like, uninstalling KODI completely and reinstalling it worked. Weird issue - I tried using 17.3, and the mezzmo add-on wouldn't connect to the mezzmo server. As soon as I went back to 16.1, it was fine.

I had issues with both boxes - both needed to have KODI removed.

Very strange.

Peter
07-25-2017, 04:40 PM
Glad to hear you have resolved the issue, thanks for letting us know.