PDA

View Full Version : So far love it..... my wish list

Britinva
12-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Just been playing with Mezzmo for a day now but so far I love the simplicity and the autosync as files are added. Beats all the other servers I've tried (Samsung PCSM, Serviio, JR Rivers, TVersity)

Will be putting it thru its paces over next few weeks to ensure it performs well with my Bluray players (Samsung BD-C5500 & HT-C5500).

So far this is my wishlist

- Ability to shuffle the order of a playlist

- Parental Controls on both Music & Video. Ideally if a movie is marked above a rating like PG-13 of a song is flagged with Explicit lyrics they should be blocked from being played on specific devices (e.g. so can block from my kids bedroom players).

- Not sure if this is possible but to be able to display a custom icon instead of a Folder. E.g. a Movie Reel for the Movie folder, TV for a TV folder or a TV Series image.

- If possible ability to specify if the folder or playlist should allow play next item (not sure if thats a server or renderer thing).

Great work.

Cheers,
Mark

Paul
12-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Thank you for the suggestion and I'm glad you like Mezzmo.

With the next item playback - that's up to the device and I think that the BDP should allow to configure whether you want items playing in sequence or only one a time.

Britinva
12-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Don't see that type of option in samsungs interface.

Are the profiles that come with v2.1.11.0 the most up to date for the Samsung BD-C5500?

Or do I need to email support for most up to date version?

Paul
12-02-2010, 09:13 AM
While playing a file, if you press the Tools button on the remote and then change "Repeat Mode" to "All" that should play all files in that folder.

There's an updated device profile, so feel free to e-mail support if something's not working.

Britinva
12-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Actually had tried that before and when set to 'Off' it still plays the next file.

Paul
12-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Yes, well it's really up to the device, so we don't have any control over how files are requested, unfortunately.

Britinva
12-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Been online with Samsung (cough) support and was told "There is no option to stop playing next file"

I'm thinking the Samsung BDP 'Repeat Mode' funtionality is:

Off - play all files in folder but don't repeat
All - play all files in folder and when at end repeat from 1st file
Tilte - keep repeating same file

I think only way of not playing next movie is to put each movie in its own folder.

Paul
12-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Well, yes, or just press "Stop" before the movie ends and that should prevent the next to start playing.

Britinva
12-03-2010, 12:12 AM
Just found out from member at AVS Forum that on the Samsung interface if you use the yellow "C" button you can select or deselect the movie(s)/Song(s) and it will just play those selected. If you dont select anything, it plays all. if you select one movie, only that movie plays. if you select three, those three will play only.

Also I just discovered that on the Samsung interface when playing an album or playlist you can go into tools and select Shuffle.

So for me enhanced parental controls is currently my one major wish and ability to customize folder icons would be a nice to have.

So far had no issues with playback so if this continues you have my money.

NavySEAL
12-03-2010, 03:11 AM
I hereby second the request to change the icons. That would be terrific and make Samsungs ugly interface a little easier to swallow. Not sure if it is possible but would be a welcomed sight for many I can imagine.

Paul
12-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the tips - I'm sure somebody else will find them useful as well! We'll look into customizing icons, but at the end of the day it also depends on the TV - if it doesn't allow for that, then we cannot simply force it to change the UI.

Paul
03-28-2013, 05:00 PM
Mezzmo v3.1 has been released and one of the new features is random shuffling on playlists and folders. See full changelog at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/whatsnew.asp