PDA

View Full Version : video player

stu
10-23-2017, 03:54 PM
Hi There
One small problem I cannot figure out with mezzmo android.
I am running mezzmo android through a tv box connected by Ethernet to a pc running mezzmo pro.
I have found that the video player in android mezzmo reverts to the mezzmo default player after playing
one movie or part of it.It is unchecked in settings.I then have to clear cache ,uncheck inbuilt player in settings again and then
choose my preferred player.
I find the mezzmo player fine for 99% of my movies,just for the odd one do I need to change player (mx player/vlc.)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Stu

Peter
10-24-2017, 10:07 AM
Hi,
the app should prompt you to select the video player app you want each time you play a new video. Can you please try going to the application manager on your android device and then select Mezzmo and there should be an option to clear defaults to remove Mezzmo Video Player as the preferred player then this should allow the intent to display.

stu
10-24-2017, 11:53 AM
Hi Peter
yes there is a prompt to choose desired player and within that prompt a choice to use once or always.
If I click always (say for Mx player)it will work but only once.Internal player is unchecked in settings.
I would rather set it once and forget(its a pain explaining to the wife)
Thanks for replying.
Stu

Peter
10-24-2017, 01:36 PM
Hi Stu,
I tested this here and when selecting to use MX Player always it never prompts me to select the app again and always uses MX Player. Possibly it is an issue with the Android system not saving the always setting, you can try going to the MX Player app in application settings and select to clear defaults then try playing a video again and set it to be used always.

stu
10-24-2017, 02:49 PM
ok will try that,thank you