PDA

View Full Version : Have Your Say: What is the the #1 feature you want for the next version of Mezzmo?

Paul
11-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Hi Mezzmo community,

We are now discussing what features we should next add into Mezzmo. We have a list of possible features, but we really need to know from you.

What features or improvements do you want to see in the next version of Mezzmo? What is the #1 feature that is missing from Mezzmo today? If you are not a Mezzmo user, what is stopping you from using Mezzmo?

Let us know your thoughts. Don't be shy in telling us the good, the bad & the ugly :). It will make sure that we create Mezzmo as you want it to be.

Many thanks from the Mezzmo development team!

(BTW: We also just asked the same question on our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/Mezzmo.DLNA.Server)

Muphin
11-15-2017, 04:39 PM
I would like to see Mezzmo for Network Attached Storage (NAS), Western Digital, Synology, QNAP, Netgear. Currently NAS users are compelled to use PLEX.

Paul
11-16-2017, 09:38 AM
Many thanks for your feedback! We are still collecting users' suggestions both here and on our Facebook page. Your ideas will help us decide our priorities for new features & platforms.

Ruth
11-17-2017, 03:13 AM
I'd like to have a bit more power in smart playlists, in particular the ability to have the ability to mix and match ANY and ALL statements. For example I'd like to be able to set a rule like "(Condition A AND Condition B) OR (condition C AND Condition D)" - or alternatively "(Condition A OR Condition B) AND (condition C OR Condition D)"

jbinkley60
11-17-2017, 06:26 AM
Honestly your software is so good that there aren't any major requirements missing. It took me quite a while to come up with a list of enhancements to make great software even better.

Here's a ranked order wish list:

1. NVIDIA support for transcoding. IQS limits Mezzmo to Intel processors for hardware based transcoding. AMD is back in the CPU game.
2. Enable to Kodi Add-on to pull a list of videos when you click on a specific actor / actress in the info tab. Right now it doesn't return anything.
3. Live stream capture scheduler. The ability to capture a live stream on a scheduled basis, into a predefined format and save to a predefined location.
4. W3C web server logging. I know we can use a reverse proxy and similar but Mezzmo logging in a standard web format would be beneficial.
5. Playlist export function into standard playlist formats. This would be for playlist backups, sharing with hardware based media players (i.e. car audio, phones etc..)
6. Headless version of Mezzmo where we can remotely administer Mezmo without being on the console server.

Smile
11-18-2017, 03:17 AM
I think having greater control over URL video times would be great. For example, you can get a starting point on YouTube videos by right clicking and selecting [Copy video URL at current time]. The feature I would like to see is being able to end the video at a specific playing time. This would enable us to end the video without all the annoying gibberish at the end.

A great example of this would be ALL Peter Hollens' videos. The video here, O come, O come, Emmanuel (https://youtu.be/zshzkkD-NYA), is 6:38 but the song is only 4:28. That example, chosen at random, has over two minutes of him talking. Wouldn't it be nice to eliminate it? :rolleyes:

Hi Mezzmo community,

We are now discussing what features we should next add into Mezzmo. We have a list of possible features, but we really need to know from you.

What features or improvements do you want to see in the next version of Mezzmo? What is the #1 feature that is missing from Mezzmo today?

smitbret
11-18-2017, 06:25 AM
I'd like to have a bit more power in smart playlists, in particular the ability to have the ability to mix and match ANY and ALL statements. For example I'd like to be able to set a rule like "(Condition A AND Condition B) OR (condition C AND Condition D)" - or alternatively "(Condition A OR Condition B) AND (condition C OR Condition D)"

#1 - This
#2 - nVidia support for transcoding.
#3 - The ability to export my library information as an Excel spreadsheet or html file

Lupus
11-22-2017, 01:36 AM
1. Of course, here (http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/9330-Get-artwork-from-external-files) is my request to add this feature

2. I would like ability an option to lock artists photo change and album covers. If we accidentally changed something in the settings, we lose our settings (Covers and Artist photos) when we refresh the library. Such a lock would be a safeguard against the accidental loss of our arduous configuration.

;)

Peter
11-22-2017, 09:07 AM
There is currently a feature to lock the properties of a file in Mezzmo so that Maintenance will not overwrite the current metadata, in the properties of a file there is a lock icon which you can click to enable this.

Lupus
11-22-2017, 07:34 PM
„There is currently a feature to lock the properties of a file in Mezzmo so that Maintenance will not overwrite the current metadata, in the properties of a file there is a lock icon which you can click to enable this.”

Yes, there is an option, but it only blocks the ability to change the file's properties. (http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=properties&s[]=file&s[]=properties)

I was thinking about blocking the Artist's photo change on the active play list. Something like at the screen.

Lupus
11-22-2017, 08:23 PM

I support this request :)

I would also like Mezzmo to support reading all the tags that are stored in the music file. Currently Mezzmo reads only a few values from the music file eg. Title, Artist, Album, Composer, Description, Writer, Producer.

For example:

I have two albums in the library, eg Accept. There are two different releases (first release Portrait ‎RK 39974) and (second album Re-release Epic MHCP-787), and unfortunately they are displayed in the library as one album.

If Mezmo was reading all the tags stored in the music file, I could use Smart Filter to group different edits of the same album name eg.

%REISSUE%
%VERSION%
%EDITION%
%CATALOG NUMBER%
%LANGUAGE%

It would be nice if you could define which tag values we are interested in.

Paul
11-23-2017, 09:26 AM
„There is currently a feature to lock the properties of a file in Mezzmo so that Maintenance will not overwrite the current metadata, in the properties of a file there is a lock icon which you can click to enable this.”

Yes, there is an option, but it only blocks the ability to change the file's properties. (http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=properties&s[]=file&s[]=properties)

I was thinking about blocking the Artist's photo change on the active play list. Something like at the screen.

If you manually change the artwork for an active playlist using the Active Playlist Properties dialog, then Mezzmo will no longer update the artwork for this active playlist based on artwork from files contained within the active playlist. That is, your chosen artwork will remain.

Lupus
11-23-2017, 07:42 PM
The global setting for the Artist's Photos

Most of all, I apologize for my frequent entries, but I'm in the process of testing the program :rolleyes:

In the library I have several Active Playlists. Currently, in each library node I have to manually change the Artist's photo (I prefer my own images of Artists than downloaded automatically from the internet). A great solution would be option to set "Set as global Artist photo" then this Artist photo would be set as a Artist photo in all Auto Playlists in all nodes (Album Artist, Artist, Genre, Year) and in those that you create.

Wurlitzer
11-30-2017, 04:32 AM
Hi,
I'm new here and just exploring all the features of Mezzmo. What I would like to see is support for ebook formats: PDF, EPUB, MOBI, FB2, CHM, HTML, TXT and comic books (CBR, CBZ).

luziol
12-07-2017, 11:13 PM
I am very satisfied with Mezzmo, but there is always something to improve.

I would like to suggest Atmos, DTS-HD MA, TrueHD support for streaming to Bluray devices.

regards
Lukasz

jdtswan
12-08-2017, 11:18 PM
File Manager would be great, if I could delete a file on my server via the android app, having just watched something. Instead of trying to make a mental note to delete the file when I'm back at my PC.

martyd
12-10-2017, 09:15 AM
#1 - This
#2 - nVidia support for transcoding.
#3 - The ability to export my library information as an Excel spreadsheet or html file

+1 for the ability to export the library as an html catalogue with artwork and descriptions.

(Tagscanner https://www.xdlab.ru/en/ does a good job of this for audio libraries.)

Oh, and also a Play To Device feature in the web interface would be handy.

Paul
12-10-2017, 12:00 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions so far. We'll certainly consider them all.

We are just putting the finishing touches to Mezzmo v5.2 - which has a few features requested by our users. Should be released in the next week or so.

JohnM
12-19-2017, 01:37 PM
I would second the idea of supporting the major NAS manufacturers. That of course will require the ability to support Linux.

BeFi
12-20-2017, 04:48 PM
Definitely I would like to see Mezzmo support Network Attached Storage (NAS) in the following order: Synology, QNAP Western Digital.

Stationary PCs as DLNA servers are decreasingly widespread while the use of the combination of Laptop and NAS storage has become mainstream in home environments. Therefore Mezzmo supporting NASes is securing and even widening its target user base. Hence I believe its is vital for Conceiva to start supporting NAS OSes.

In my case for instance I have two large Synology NASes at home that would run Mezzmo and Mezzmo licenses if that is finally made available.

Tofke
12-24-2017, 02:38 AM
- More options to auto extracting Embedded subs (For example: only English ones)... If that is in at a config file level please let me know, couldn't find anything with search.
- NAS support, I felt compelled to go Plex when I bought my Qnap... but since I'm running Mezzmo for so long and have my desktop on most of the time I stuck with it.
- More channels, seems the feature was implemented and then kind of left unattended/undocumented.

smitbret
12-30-2017, 11:58 AM
How about support for Season 0? For instance the Reimagined Battlestar Galactica that has the original Two Part Miniseries, The Plan, etc. The metadata populates the Season as <0> but Mezzmo only recognizes Seasons 1-4.

Also, another vote for and/or in the playlist smart filtering.

jbinkley60
01-08-2018, 09:33 AM
I'd like to revisit the topic of adding uPNP DMC / Play-To functionality via the web interface and being able to enable / disable the capability at a user level.

smitbret
01-13-2018, 04:40 AM
How about a <right-click> option that sends a file to a playlist?

Paul
01-13-2018, 10:16 AM
How about a <right-click> option that sends a file to a playlist?

Thanks for the suggestion. Not sure if you know, you can drag-and-drop files directly into playlists in the tree in Mezzmo.

smitbret
01-14-2018, 06:01 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. Not sure if you know, you can drag-and-drop files directly into playlists in the tree in Mezzmo.

Yeah, I do that now. I am just a right-clicker. I must be spoiled.

twochannel
01-16-2018, 02:34 AM
I'd like to revisit the topic of adding uPNP DMC / Play-To functionality via the web interface and being able to enable / disable the capability at a user level.

I'd like to see this as well. My use case is accessing the web interface from a mobile device/pc to access a centralized DMC. This would allow Mezzmo to remain the DMC (not the browser) so that the end result is a centralized playlist so multiple users could manage what is playing.

Other wish list items:

First party linux/headless support
Full feature parity between folders and the smart/active playlists when it comes to metadata/art. (I recall folders had more capabilities/flexibility)
A way to take into consideration the disc number id3 tag of a song when sorting songs by the track id3tag without needing to add disc to the folder hierarchy. (maybe a hierarchy of sort orders feature, ie. first sort by disc, then by track).
Control over how folders are presented in display titles. Right now i think display titles only applies to the files themselves. For Example. With classical music it could be nice to have a folder displayed as '%Album-%AlbumArtist' (There are many albums named "The Four Season" all by different performances/conductors/performers) This could help cut down clicks to drill down. Just a thought.

I'd be happy to elaborate and discus any of these items. Thanks!

Peter
01-16-2018, 10:29 AM
There are many options available for display titles http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=using_display_titles so that you could have the %CREATOR% or %ALBUMARTIST% listed for classical music.

jbinkley60
01-16-2018, 11:56 AM
I'd like to see this as well. My use case is accessing the web interface from a mobile device/pc to access a centralized DMC. This would allow Mezzmo to remain the DMC (not the browser) so that the end result is a centralized playlist so multiple users could manage what is playing.

Other wish list items:

First party linux/headless support
Full feature parity between folders and the smart/active playlists when it comes to metadata/art. (I recall folders had more capabilities/flexibility)
A way to take into consideration the disc number id3 tag of a song when sorting songs by the track id3tag without needing to add disc to the folder hierarchy. (maybe a hierarchy of sort orders feature, ie. first sort by disc, then by track).
Control over how folders are presented in display titles. Right now i think display titles only applies to the files themselves. For Example. With classical music it could be nice to have a folder displayed as '%Album-%AlbumArtist' (There are many albums named "The Four Season" all by different performances/conductors/performers) This could help cut down clicks to drill down. Just a thought.

I'd be happy to elaborate and discus any of these items. Thanks!

Your DMC use case is exactly the same as mine. I want to be able to enable it on a web user by user basis.

smitbret
01-23-2018, 07:25 AM
How about support for Season 0? For instance the Reimagined Battlestar Galactica that has the original Two Part Miniseries, The Plan, etc. The metadata populates the Season as <0> but Mezzmo only recognizes Seasons 1-4.

Also, another vote for and/or in the playlist smart filtering.

Someone else is looking for this too:

http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/9387-season-0-doesn-t-show-up-in-series?p=36941&posted=1#post36941

Paul
01-23-2018, 09:03 AM
Someone else is looking for this too:

http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/9387-season-0-doesn-t-show-up-in-series?p=36941&posted=1#post36941

Thanks - we'll look into season 0 support for an upcoming version of Mezzmo.

Paul
01-25-2018, 02:06 PM
Good news - Season 0 is now permitted in Mezzmo :). This improvement will be available in the upcoming version of Mezzmo.

smitbret
02-01-2018, 10:16 AM
good news - season 0 is now permitted in mezzmo :). This improvement will be available in the upcoming version of mezzmo.

yyuuuuuusssssss!!!!!

martyd
04-14-2018, 04:15 PM
I don't know if I should add to this thread, as it is getting a bit old, or start a new one. No, I'll add here.

We can already create playlists based on video width and height, but I would like to be able to create playlists based on Audio type. i.e. stereo, 5.1, aac, ac3, etc.

Any chance that audio type could be added to the Playlist rules option?

Peter
04-16-2018, 09:47 AM
Hi Marty,
yes, we will look at including a smart rule for the number of audio channels. This might be problematic for files with multiple audio streams so Mezzmo might need to test each stream to see if it contains the number of channels.

martyd
04-16-2018, 01:41 PM
Thanks, Peter. I hadn't thought about multiple audio streams. Hope you can get something to work.

Peter
04-16-2018, 03:04 PM
We have it working for just the first stream in the file, send an email to support [at] conceiva [dot] com if you would like to test a beta.

Kostas
05-16-2018, 08:04 PM
Hey guys, long time Mezzmo user here. Just switched to Mac for work purposes and i was sad to find out nothing available on OSX compares. So... is there any hope for OSX version in the near future?

Paul
05-17-2018, 12:41 PM
Hi Kostas,

No immediate plans for a native Mac desktop version. We do have Mac owners running Mezzmo on their Mac using Parallels (https://www.parallels.com).

m0rph
06-03-2018, 04:57 AM
Alexa and co Support. Plex and Alexa works fine !!

Sequenzial
06-05-2018, 06:38 AM
Alexa Support is definitivly missing. This would make Mezzmo beeing the perfect Media Tool.

RonB
07-01-2018, 08:26 AM
I'd like to request that the right click pre-transcode setting have the option to do so at a specified time.

Thanks

rwreuter
10-07-2018, 05:28 AM
A PS4 app similar to the Plea app.

rehnskit
10-27-2018, 03:59 AM
Please, I got 2 things I really want.

Add more touch gestures in the Android App. At the moment there is only possible to change the volume.
I want brightness and seek (backwards and forwards).
Sameway as in most video players on Android, like in MX Player.

My first wish can be skipped if you guys can fix so that I can add and play a video playlist in external video player like MX player.
I know the problem with DNLA and playlists. But I think there is a solution somehow.

Thanks for a great product

MTShorts
12-22-2018, 12:20 AM
Currently use the product for video support from NAS collection (curated by app on a pc) to player Android player on Fire TV Cube..

Few options that I'd love to see:
1) Alexa integration (which would get me to add my music library into Mezzmo's database and use it).
2) GPU transcoding improvements (Nvidia, specifically).
3) Improved ability to use Mezzmo as a tool to curate your library. I have a LOT of files, many of them are duplicates or junk. There is no function on the fire tv app that would allow a "delete file and remove from library" (or if so I can't figure out how to access it). And even in the main PC app I have to select a video, click open in library to get to the file location, delete that file, close the windows explorer after file is deleted, then right click the file in mezzmo again and click delete to remove the database entry as well. This is horribly inefficient, and as an OCD video collector a simpler way to do this would be a Godsend...

rchuprina91
06-19-2019, 09:04 PM
I support right click pre-transcode setting request, that would be awesome!

Tank
07-08-2019, 01:49 AM
How about a user system, in the same way Netflix works, so different users can have their own watched settings, and even be able to carry on playing from the last watched file. I have a non tech savvy SWMBO who has to write down which episode of a series she has got to...

Peter
07-08-2019, 08:59 AM
This would need to be on the client side as well to allow the user to sign in. DLNA does not support this ability so it would only be available on devices that support Mezzmo apps.

odin
07-22-2019, 06:03 PM
Few features are missing

1. Allow direct manual connections to devices/clients instead of relying on broadcast messages (which is hopelessly broken in my router & most ddwrt frimware)
2. Under smart playlist allow to sort last 30 days or recently added in last x days

martyd
07-23-2019, 05:39 PM
Maybe this will be a simple one. In the Android app I think it would be useful to have a clock in the top line (say in the top-right corner), so when we finish watching a program we can see what time it is before we start another. Perhaps it could be toggled in the settings for those who don't like the idea.

Peter
07-24-2019, 09:28 AM
Sounds like a nice idea for TV devices where it is not possible to swipe from the top to display the system clock.

netmpowers
10-19-2022, 06:36 AM
Hi,
I'm new here and just exploring all the features of Mezzmo. What I would like to see is support for ebook formats: PDF, EPUB, MOBI, FB2, CHM, HTML, TXT and comic books (CBR, CBZ).

Sound like you want to use Calibre (https://calibre-ebook.com/download_windows).