PDA

View Full Version : Movie File Not Listed

stu
11-17-2017, 11:00 AM
I have had this error three times now .I add a new movie file to my library and all shows up correctly in Mezzmo on my PC.
However when opening library on TV (Mezzmo Android)the file is not there,this is only happening with movies beginning with the letter W.
If I change first letter of movie title to any letter other than W it shows up,change back to correct setting and its gone.
Iam sure there is a simple explanation but not simple enough for me.
Any help would be great.
Stu

ps It is not all movies beginning with W that do this ,I have others showing ok.

Paul
11-17-2017, 11:20 AM
A few suggestions:

If you have content restrictions turned on for your device, check the movie's content rating in Mezzmo (Windows) on your PC and see if it is rated higher than your device's content restriction. If it is, then that would explain why it is not delivered to your device. You can turn on/off or modify the content restrictions for your device by editing your device in the Media Devices dialog.
On your device, go to the Video -> Recently Added playlist. You should see your movies listed there (assuming no content restrictions are stopping it from being delivered). Let us know if you see it.

stu
11-17-2017, 11:47 AM
Hi Paul
Thanks for the suggestions.Content restrictions are turned off.
The movie file is Wind River.If I change the first letter (W) to any letter after W in the alphabet ( X Y Z)it will not be listed.
However if I change the first letter to any before W in alphabet (Vind River for example)the file is then in device library and plays fine,just the listing(spelling) is wrong.

Peter
11-17-2017, 01:07 PM
As a test can you please try stopping then starting your Mezzmo server to see if the file appears in the W list?

stu
11-17-2017, 02:00 PM
Tried that a few times,no go iam afraid.
I changed spelling of a completely different movie (Bullit)to Wullit,it did not show in device,but the original problem file(Wind River) did.
Changed movie Bullit back to correct spelling .restarted device and it appears as it should,but then Wind River has gone again.

Peter
11-17-2017, 03:26 PM
Can you please enable diagnostic logging http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=using_logging&s[]=diagnostic then after restarting your Mezzmo media server try browsing the W playlist on the device then send us the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com so we can investigate.

stu
11-17-2017, 06:50 PM
I have found if I put a copy of the same movie in my pc library the original will show on my device.
Update: I deleted copy and original file has remained.Hope it stays that way.
will see what happens when I put another file beginning W,X,Y or Z
Thanks for your input

Peter
11-20-2017, 11:00 AM
Hi Stu,
glad to hear you have made progress to resolve the issue, the logs showed there are 124 files in the Movies folder and Mezzmo Android was browsing and retrieving the information for all of these.