PDA

View Full Version : IMDB Search?

martyd
12-13-2017, 08:21 AM
I have a film (The Chest [1997]) which is not listed in ThemovieDB, but it is listed in IMDB (tt1405367).

When I attempt to get Online Metadata, Mezzmo finds all the similar listings from Themoviedb but does not find the correct one from IMDB, even though I have entered the IMDB ID in the appropriate field. I have had to manually transcribe the info from IMDB into the Properties of the film and then locked it.

Can Mezzmo be forced to look up IMDB?

And, is there a way to upload this film to Themoviedb, or could this thought be added to the Mezzmo Wishlist?

Paul
12-13-2017, 11:49 AM
Hi Marty,

Mezzmo searches TheMovieDB for movie metadata. It does not search IMDB.

I don't believe TheMovieDB allows for automatic uploads by a program such as Mezzmo. They must be done manually.

For the movie, The Chest [1997], since it is not on TheMovieDB, you could contribute to TheMovieDB and add this movie into their database by simply signing up and adding the various details.

martyd
12-13-2017, 03:46 PM
Thanks, Paul. I've added the film to Themoviedb.

So, if Mezzmo doesn't use IMDB what is the reason for the IMDB field in the Properties dialog? For some future purpose?

Paul
12-13-2017, 05:23 PM
Hi Marty,

TheMovieDB provides an IMDB ID for movies. We list this the Properties dialog and allow you to edit it. We also provide web links to the IMDB web page when browsing your library using Mezzmo's web interface in a web browser.