PDA

View Full Version : Streaming 4K content to the Android App

icorrie
01-03-2018, 07:08 PM
Hi,

I've recently begun streaming 4K video to my TV (shield), via the Android App, and am encountering what may be a bug.

Normally (1080p and below), once a video has finished, or is stopped, returning to the application shows the last playlist I was in as I would expect. After playing 4K videos (I'm seeing this on multiple files, all of which are 4K), when I return to the Mezzmo application, my Mezzmo server has been deselected, and therefore no play lists, or videos are available until I go into settings, and re-select my mezzmo server.

What's going on here?

FYI: I'm using MX player alongside the Mezzmo app due to performance issues with the internal player.

Peter
01-04-2018, 08:21 AM
It may be that the Android system is closing the Mezzmo app to reclaim some memory so that when you return to the Mezzmo app it has to discover the Mezzmo server again. We will test here to see if we can reproduce the problem.

icorrie
01-04-2018, 11:06 PM
Thanks Peter, If I can provide any logs etc just let me know.

ftanner
12-26-2020, 06:16 PM
Hi,

I've recently begun streaming 4K video to my TV (shield), via the Android App, and am encountering what may be a bug.

Normally (1080p and below), once a video has finished, or is stopped, returning to the application shows the last playlist I was in as I would expect. After playing 4K videos (I'm seeing this on multiple files, all of which are 4K), when I return to the Mezzmo application, my Mezzmo server has been deselected, and therefore no play lists, or videos are available until I go into settings, and re-select my mezzmo server.

What's going on here?

FYI: I'm using MX player alongside the Mezzmo app due to performance issues with the internal player.

I am using the nVidia Shield TV Pro and do not experience this issue. That said, I am using the internal player, which I believe is based on the VLC player. That makes me wonder if something is getting lost between the Mezzmo app and MX Player.

Peter
01-04-2021, 09:32 AM
MX Player will more likely result in Android closing the Mezzmo application to free memory and this will require the server to be found again on the network after the app is restored.