PDA

View Full Version : Playlist Sharing Permissions

Britinva
12-04-2010, 01:32 AM
I'm trying to use Playlists as a workaround while Parental controls are enabled.

What I've done is mark any song with explicit lyrics as 5 stars and the created 2 playlists

1) Play all file = music
2) Play all file = music and rating is not 5

This succesfully removes the explicit songs.

I then set the Sharing permissions so the BDPs that the kids use only have access to playlist 2 while the adult BDPs only have access to playlist 1

Problem I'm having is that while the adult BDPs are only seeing playlist 1 all the kids BDPs can see both playlists.

I've double chedked the permissions and the allowed BDP's are set correctly.

Any ideas?

Britinva
12-06-2010, 08:35 AM
Also noticed today basic folder permission not working properly either.

I have a folder of R rated movies and only one BDP is supposed to see them but some of the others show them too.

Are the permissions based on IP address (which can change) or MAC address?

Paul
12-06-2010, 11:13 AM
The permissions are based on the IP address actually. We'll do some more testing here and see if there's any issues with permissions.

Britinva
12-06-2010, 11:33 AM
OK - let me know if you ned further info.

Dion
12-07-2010, 05:15 PM
I have noticed some devices will display all play list regardless if you unshared them or not. Xbox360 is one of them.. WDTV Live filters them correctly tho. PS3 filters them proper too. I think its based on the device not Mezzmo.

dpetr
12-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Dennis, as others have indicated above, the shared permissions by ip address doesn't work as intended. For example, when access to a playlist is denied to all clients on the Shared Permissions dialog, the playlist doesn't show up on the clients. However, when an exception is made for one client, more than just that one exception still have access. Since you folks are due to have an update soon, just wanted see if this issue will be addressed in the update. Thanks.

Paul
12-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Yes, it's been reproduced and being fixed right now - the next Mezzmo update should have this fix (hopefully!).

Dion
12-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Can confirm this is working now so far.. Will see if it continues :)

Paul
12-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Thanks - hopefully it does :)

Britinva
12-24-2010, 01:45 AM
Yipee - new version has fixed my permissions issue. Everything displaying normal....... if folks still having issues use static addressing in the BDP/TV so as not the get issues with a IP changing via DHCP.

Thanks Conceiva team.

Paul
12-24-2010, 08:46 AM
Thanks for letting us know - glad it works now!