PDA

View Full Version : MKV files served as images

GDragoN
04-06-2018, 01:42 AM
This started happening today: all MKV files are served to my TV as images. On other devices, it works correctly. I have attached the profile I use, and the FFMPEG information from one of the MKV files. The file information looks fine when compared to the profile, but TV sees the file as an image, and when I try to open it, I get the error.

I also tried to add new profile, but the Mezmo is not seeing it. Is there are a way to force Mezzmo to reload list of available profiles?

Peter
04-06-2018, 08:17 AM
What could be happening is that Mezzmo is not adding the resource item for the video so the TV is only finding the thumbnail resource, can you please enable diagnostic logging http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=using_logging&s[]=diagnostic then after restarting your Mezzmo media server try browsing the files on your TV and then send the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com or add them to a post here.

GDragoN
04-06-2018, 08:30 PM
I have attached my TV specs (42LW5500.txt), and FFMPEG information for two MKV files: file 'MKVFILE_FAIL.txt' is for the file that my TV sees as an image, and the 'MKVFILE_WORKS_CUT.txt' is for file my TV plays, but it can't skip through file, and the file is not played full, it gets cut 3 minutes before the end. As for the log file, I have sent it to your email. I have also attached LGTV.prf file. This file is modification of the original LGTV that comes with Mezzmo, with modification made by your support some 2 years ago, and extra lines I added for the AAC support. From the Mezzmo log, I have seen that profile has few errors related to some video containers.

All files work fin on Android devices with VLC, in browser through Web interface. And, all these files worked fine on the TV last week.

Peter
04-09-2018, 11:14 AM
The logs show that only the thumbnail is listed for these files and not the video, can you please go to the properties of the file in Mezzmo and on the Transcoding tab see if there is a transcoded file listed? If there is not then try clicking 'Use Original File...' to see if this allows you to play the video.