PDA

View Full Version : Thumbnails

Britinva
12-04-2010, 04:38 AM
Many of my movie thumbnails are either black or showing the studio into. When I open the movies properties and select the Get Internet Artwork its not coming back with any results - where is this searching?

Is it possible to search www.themoviedb.org for Movies and www.thetvdb.com for TV series?

Also is it possible to point to a local directory for thmbnails? If yes what format should the name be?

Paul
12-06-2010, 10:59 AM
We have fixed up artwork searching and that'll be available with the next minor Mezzmo update (due out soon). Thank you for the links as well - we'll check them out and see if they provide open APIs and allow for such searches.

You can select any file as the thumbnail by right-clicking on the thumbnail and then using the "Add Picture" menu item.

Britinva
12-07-2010, 01:08 AM
Yeah - worked that out and I've added the manual thumbnails.

If you do API with those resources can you make sure you offer both the posters and the backdrops as the Samungs don't support poster and will stretch image to fit there renderer.

NavySEAL
12-07-2010, 08:06 AM
Yeah - worked that out and I've added the manual thumbnails.

If you do API with those resources can you make sure you offer both the posters and the backdrops as the Samungs don't support poster and will stretch image to fit there renderer.

Yes the above is very important because if you do not do so, the Samsung interface will "squish" the image. very annoying
also the resources in the original post are very common for library maintainers. would be very useful!

Paul
12-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Ok, we'll keep these issues in mind.

Gus
12-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Does anyone know the resolution for the Samsung thumbnails / covers ?

I'm using custom 110x80 images (see attached) but it still gets resized a little on the TV.

cheers
Gus

Paul
12-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Not sure, but we could take a look at Wireshark logs for PCSM and that should show the size it uses, which is hopefully native for the TV.

Gus
12-09-2010, 01:02 AM
Not sure, but we could take a look at Wireshark logs for PCSM and that should show the size it uses, which is hopefully native for the TV.

Thanks!

That got me thinking towards the PCSM software. I found a cache folder in PCSM of JPGs on my old server. They seem to be sized to 160 wide and the height is dependant on the aspect ratio of the source.

Maybe wireshark will show similar. I'll recreate some 160x120 covers and retest. Although the TV is disconnected due to decorating!
cheers

Gus