PDA

View Full Version : Option to see if the video is already watched

bengels
12-04-2010, 03:59 AM
It would be a nice feature if you can easily see if you already watched a movie. Mainly when watching series (what was the last episode that I've seen?).

Maybe you can add a star to the thumbnail once watched?

Paul
12-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Thank you for the suggestion - we'll be implementing "last played" playlists soon and that would fit in nicely with that, I believe.

bengels
12-07-2010, 04:56 AM
I'm not sure if that's what I meant. By adding a new playlist I suppose that you have to check that playlist first, right?

The feature I'm interesting in is that when I'm browsing through my video files on the TV I can easily determine if I already checked it withou switching to a different view or playlist. But lets see how it works ... :D

Paul
12-07-2010, 08:50 AM
I'm not sure if that's what I meant. By adding a new playlist I suppose that you have to check that playlist first, right?

The feature I'm interesting in is that when I'm browsing through my video files on the TV I can easily determine if I already checked it withou switching to a different view or playlist. But lets see how it works ... :D
Yes, I did understand, but didn't express what I wanted to say properly :) Once the functionality to see whether a file has been played or not is in, then we can put in small options to alter titles and such.

Britinva
12-10-2010, 04:59 AM
I'd like to see this too - be nice to see where in a series I had got too. Hope for the option that tracking can be based on the media device that viewed it.

badbob001
01-06-2011, 12:29 AM
Yes, I did understand, but didn't express what I wanted to say properly :) Once the functionality to see whether a file has been played or not is in, then we can put in small options to alter titles and such.

Altering the thumbnail with an overlay would be even nicer. Perhaps:
Checkmark for played
New/Recent icon
Transcoded icon

Paul
01-06-2011, 08:36 AM
Good idea - thanks!