PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate files when searching

blackhawkfan42
05-08-2018, 10:34 PM
I'm a bit confused with maintaining playlists / library. I have a folder called binge which is just the shows I'm currently watching. One particular show in question I've deleted from there as I watch the episodes but still have it resident in another folder on my computer. If I drill down to binge, I don't see the files at all. If I go to the show is in, I see it there with no duplicates. If I do a search, I see 3 of each episode. I looked at all 3 of the files and they are pointing to the 3 different folders this file has been in (well each episode). I did a maintain playlist on the 2 folders that don't have the files anymore (selecting remove duplicates) and I still show 3 of each when I do a search. Am I doing something wrong?

Peter
05-09-2018, 09:58 AM
You can run Maintain library on your Mezzmo library with the box to remove files from the library that cannot be found on disk checked and this will clean up the duplicates. When maintaining a folder Mezzmo gets the files located in the folder and maintains them but does not remove files from the library that no longer exist.

blackhawkfan42
05-10-2018, 09:15 PM
Thanks Peter. Maintain library did fix the problem. Do you know if there's specific options I can check to make this process go quicker? It takes a long time to maintain the playlist. I constantly have items that I'm deleting on a daily basis.

Thanks again for your help

jbinkley60
05-11-2018, 12:28 AM
Thanks Peter. Maintain library did fix the problem. Do you know if there's specific options I can check to make this process go quicker? It takes a long time to maintain the playlist. I constantly have items that I'm deleting on a daily basis.

Thanks again for your help

You can schedule maintenance to run at night. That might be an option.

Peter
05-11-2018, 09:19 AM
You can also just check the box to remove files from the library that cannot be found on disk and uncheck the box to update files.

jbinkley60
05-11-2018, 11:29 PM
Also unclicking the "update video preview thumbnails" option can be a huge timesaver (depending upon the size of your files and the horsepower on your Mezzmo server) if you don't need that feature. I personally don't use it. Peter could better explain what it does.

Peter
05-14-2018, 09:53 AM
The video preview thumbnails are used when seeking in a video on the Roku or Web Access video player to show you a preview of the video at the point in the timeline of the video as you seek.