PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo insists on "Getting video artwork"

TheNotoriousAzamatBagatov
06-05-2018, 02:50 AM
When I add a folder Mezzmo starts fetching video artwork even though I've disabled any metadata aside from "Get text meta data from file path" in the metadata retrieval settings. I've got thousands of files so if I were to add all of them it would literally take days to complete.

Any way to disable this tedious operation that I don't want or need? I can't cancel it because it's a system task so...

Peter
06-05-2018, 08:10 AM
There is no way to completely disable getting artwork, if Mezzmo does not get artwork from the Internet or file path then a screenshot from the video is generated. Possibly we could add a setting to disable getting any thumbnails and just use a default image.

TheNotoriousAzamatBagatov
06-10-2018, 08:46 PM
Possibly we could add a setting to disable getting any thumbnails and just use a default image.

That would be awesome. I love the program but until there's some way to opt out, the cripplingly slow fetching of meta data simply makes it unusable for me in its current state.

joe33067
06-11-2018, 12:23 PM
That would probably speed things up quite a bit.

orfpit
02-16-2019, 01:05 AM
That would be very helpful because we are stuck for ages and there's no way to stop it