PDA

View Full Version : Play to appear in 10 minutes

bandika2000
06-27-2018, 05:31 PM
My LG TV are listed in media Devices.

The problem is, every time when I start using Mezzmo, the device tab are empty, and I must wait every time 10 minutes until the device are showing my TV. After 10 minutes everything it’s working normally. But this 10 minutes waiting, makes me nervous.

I tried every help method described at Mezzmo help forum (I disabled my router firewall, etc., etc.,) but not working at all.

My firewall is not blocking Mezzmo.exe from using ports 1900 and 2869

I already done this: http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=mezzmo_server_not_listed_on_device
and this: http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=media_server_settings
but not working at all.

Peter
06-28-2018, 09:04 AM
Hi,
Mezzmo sends out M-Search messages across the network when searching for devices to list in the Play To list, if the firewall is blocking the M-Search then Mezzmo will have to wait for devices to send out Notify messages at intervals to discover devices. Can you please check to make sure your firewall is allowing Mezzmo.exe to communicate through it to send multicast packets?

bandika2000
06-28-2018, 03:06 PM
I already check my firewall and allowing Mezzmo to communicate.
Any other ideas ?

ftanner
06-29-2018, 07:01 AM
I believe that this is "normal" for the LG TVs. I have three LG TVs that are 2017 models of the 6300, and this is what occurs every time I have to update my TV or my TV loses contact with Mezzmo. It's not a "big deal" to me because I also use Roku devices, primarily, for my movie streaming, and this doesn't occur wiith the Roku devices.

bandika2000
06-29-2018, 05:13 PM
This is not “normal”, because at the beginning everything function without any problems.
I think after I installed Bittorrent, the problem appears.

bandika2000
07-01-2018, 07:09 PM
check to make sure your firewall is allowing Mezzmo.exe to communicate through it to send multicast packets

How can I do that ?

Peter
07-02-2018, 09:19 AM
You can try temporarily disabling your firewall then run Mezzmo and check in the Play To menu to see when your TV appears in the list, if it appears relatively quickly then the firewall is blocking multicast packets and you will need to configure the firewall to allow Mezzmo.exe full access through.

bandika2000
07-02-2018, 03:08 PM
I try temporarily disabling my firewall then run Mezzmo, but nothing changed. Still need to wait 10 minutes. It’s seemed the problem is elsewhere, but I don’t know where? What else I could try? (I mention that my router firewall is off).

jbinkley60
07-03-2018, 03:00 AM
Is your television connected via Ethernet cable or wireless ? If wireless then try connecting the television via an Ethernet cable and see if the symptoms change. I presume your Mezzmo PC is connected via an Ethernet cable. Please confirm.

bandika2000
07-03-2018, 04:39 AM
My Mezzmo PC is connected via an Ethernet cable, and I tried connecting the television via an Ethernet cable and the symptoms not change.

Interesting the fact that at Media Devices it’s detect my tv in 2 seconds, but the device tab is empty, and I must wait every time 10 minutes until the device are showing my TV.

How I can check that not another software or services are delay Mezzmo?

If I ping my TV IP address, it’s respond immediately.

jbinkley60
07-03-2018, 09:28 AM
If you look in the Media Server Settings options in Mezzmo, what is your server advertisement interval set at ? You can set it as low as 60 seconds and see if that makes a difference.

Peter
07-03-2018, 10:02 AM
It appears to be a problem with Windows 10 update 1803, we had another user report the problem and I have reproduced it here on a PC. Are you running Windows 10 with update 1803 installed?

bandika2000
07-03-2018, 03:00 PM
I already set to 60 seconds long time ago, and there are no difference at all.

No, I use Windows 7 at 64-bit

bandika2000
07-07-2018, 12:38 AM
I managed to figure out what the problem was.

A service was the problem, called: WD Drive Manager (Western Digital Technologies Inc.)

How I came to it?

I used Windows 7 System Configuration (In Windows search box type msconfig)
I select Services, then select (Hide all Microsoft Services) and I disable all services.
After this I start to enable Services one by one. It was a hard work, but worth it.

Now everything functions perfectly.

I believe that this solution can help in many cases.

Peter
07-09-2018, 09:11 AM
Glad to hear you have resolved the problem, thanks for letting us know.